Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins: Miguel Cotto vs Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wondered this ever since Marquez handled Pacquiao at just under 147. Both Marquez and cotto are 5'7" but cotto is just naturally a way heavier man. It's kind of like the difference between Floyd and canelo. They are the same size but Canelo is just naturally a much thicker and heavier fighter. I'm not sure. Cotto may be a bit too strong and then I remember Marquez's accurate combinations when counter punching and I get stuck on who might win.

If they fought at 147 then I give Marquez a better shot.

Comment

Cotto is small at 154. He has a reach of 67'' and stands at 5'7 fighting bigger, stronger, taller guys. Trout had a reach of 72'', Lara and Martinez have longer reaches than that. If Cotto can make 147 then Roach should tell him. For a guy of Miguel's size and reach, he has done incredibly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
        figured the Cotto cheerleader would come in here, both of you idiots cant even refute what I pointed out.

its not going to happen, Cotto may want it but no way in hell is Marquez going to move up in weight again.
        what is it, that you, you soap-dodging faak, are pointing out? that marquez wouldn't go up in weight to make the most money out there he possibly can, because he said he wouldn't go up in weight for a fighter not named cotto? you can't really be that stupid ... wait up, you were part of the z-clan - so you are that stupid.

because never in the history of sports has a guy gone up in weight to get more money.

Comment

Bottom line. This would be an interesting fight, although I do believe that cotto is being sold a bit short here.

Comment

Which Marquez we talking about? the ped or none ped?

Pedquez > Cotto
            Cotto > Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by a_fuego View Post
              Bottom line. This would be an interesting fight, although I do believe that cotto is being sold a bit short here.
              Cotto would win if JMM doesn't have them power pellets though

Comment

Cotto beats any version of Marquez, he's is a terrible match up for Marquez. The size alone will be tough to overcome, but it's the style.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                  figured the Cotto cheerleader would come in here, both of you idiots cant even refute what I pointed out.

Its all about the money ya dumb **** que no comprendes??

Comment

Cotto would win

Comment

Working...
                    X