Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did GB and TR come together to make Lara-Vanes, but not anything else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did GB and TR come together to make Lara-Vanes, but not anything else?

I don't remember exactly how they made this fight happen from the business side, but they did.

Why can't the same apply to Rios-Mathysse or anyone else for that matter

They didn't come together the fight was ordered by the WBC, thus it went to a purse bid, which Top Rank won. The WBC ordered a rematch but Top Rank/Vanes turned it down.

So basically the only realistic way a GB vs TR fight could possibly happen is if something similar happens. Mandatories being enforced by an organization.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      They didn't come together the fight was ordered by the WBC, thus it went to a purse bid, which Top Rank won. The WBC ordered a rematch but Top Rank/Vanes turned it down.

So basically the only realistic way a GB vs TR fight could possibly happen is if something similar happens. Mandatories being enforced by an organization.
      Thanks for the info.

I never thought I'd look forward to a mandatory as much in my life lol

Comment

They didnt work together, even if their respective fighters fought one another. A purse bid gives all the rights to one promoter

Comment

Toprank were offered very generous terms for Donaire vs Mares 3 million buy out or let Toprank promote the fight in exchange GBP will promote Matthysse vs Rios

its very obviouse where the problems is so unless we are talking about vanes or maybe Ruslan some ESPN type fighters we wont see them working together for a while

Comment

Neither fighter was a big money generator

Comment

I felt they agreed to work together on that occasion because neither Vanes or Lara are big names and they both know the Canelo payday would be big enough to justify the risk of facing each other. Neither promoter managed to get their guy a big fight or a title shot, and so they had to offer them something in that way of a meaningful fight.

Comment

Working...
              X