Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you train weekly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got into boxing seriously 1 1/2 ago. Was always athletic and sporty and still is. Played soccer and basketball at decent level and got into weight lifting for a little bit. So my training fundamentals are pretty tuned up depending on my needs. Right now I train 5 or 4 days only. I weight lift 2 days for strength. Deadlift, pull ups, bench press, legs press. Then 2 other days I do explosive cardio and boxing . Bag, shadow boxing, jump ropes, plyos. I also do yoga everyday for recovery and flexibility. ( By far the best thing on list)
    I am about 5'11 and 190 lbs, do not want to get any bigger and that is why I picked boxing as a way to stay lean, explosive and athletic.
    I also play soccer so the boxing workouts translate very well into that sport easily.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
      I imagine most adults on the forum have jobs.

I work 40-60 hrs a week, cook every meal that I eat, have 2 cats and a gf that live with me that I also feed (one of my cats has to take medicine 3 times a day in order to stay alive), and I'm up before 6am and in bed by 8pm on nights other than Tuesday and Thur (when I train/spar late).

You make time for whats important. Everyday after my first cup of coffee I go run. Right after work I go hit the regular gym, and then the boxing gym later at night on Tue/Thur. Saturdays (the days I could sleep in) I wake up at 7am to rehydrate or eat before I have a 3 hour session at the boxing gym. Sometimes I feel like I'm working 3 jobs, but theres definitely enough time to fit everything in if you get rid of distractions and are motivated enough.
      I respect that a lot. Keep working hard

Comment

Originally posted by Orishasinc1 View Post
        Got into boxing seriously 1 1/2 ago. Was always athletic and sporty and still is. Played soccer and basketball at decent level and got into weight lifting for a little bit. So my training fundamentals are pretty tuned up depending on my needs. Right now I train 5 or 4 days only. I weight lift 2 days for strength. Deadlift, pull ups, bench press, legs press. Then 2 other days I do explosive cardio and boxing . Bag, shadow boxing, jump ropes, plyos. I also do yoga everyday for recovery and flexibility. ( By far the best thing on list)
        I am about 5'11 and 190 lbs, do not want to get any bigger and that is why I picked boxing as a way to stay lean, explosive and athletic.
        I also play soccer so the boxing workouts translate very well into that sport easily.
        Oh, football. I wasted my whole life playing it. At my gym most of the young kids under 15 do both and could become pro in either sport. Boxing is better now in my eyes. Used to never put down football.

I quit playing regularly at 17 and just play casually now.

Comment

About 4 times a week, combination of bodyweight training, weight training and cardio exercises. I was into boxing for a bit but stopped, want to get back into it to lean out proper again.

Comment

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
            What level are you at? How long have you been in the sport? Do you train depending only on fights or ongoing? Do you train more than once a day? What is the average length of a session?

Interested in everyone's dedication right now.
            Currently training five times a week which breaks down into:

- Three 1 hour general fitness + mitts sessions with Trainer (Mon/Wed/Fri)
            - One 90 minute bag/sparring session on Saturday
            - One general strengthening session on Saturday evening (push-ups, squats, one legged squats, lunges ... etc)

My body has recently 'adapted' to this number of workouts and as I'm currently doing very little in terms of running will probably start doing short runs on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and gradually build it up. That's been the missing link in my workouts and I'm keen to correct this as everyone mentions running as one of central pillars of boxing training.

Great to read where everyone else is at! Good luck to everyone with their training.
            Last edited by Le_Grand; 03-26-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
              What level are you at? How long have you been in the sport? Do you train depending only on fights or ongoing? Do you train more than once a day? What is the average length of a session?

Interested in everyone's dedication right now.
              During my 6 months of Boxing/Baseball (Jan-Jul) my schedule is as follows:

Regular Gym, Weights 1/2 hour / Cardio 1/2 hour Mon-Sat
              Baseball, 4 hours including warmups Sun
              Boxing Gym, Tuesday and Saturday 1 hour class, Thurs Sparring.

When I am not on my 6 month Training Cycle

Drink Beer Fri-Sat
              Recover from drinking beer Sun-Tues
              Regular Gym, same activities as above Wed-Fri

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post

Drink Beer Fri-Sat
                The beer schedule is very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  The beer schedule is very interesting.
                  Do you indulge? and if so, how often?

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post

Drink Beer Fri-Sat
                    Trying to completely cut booze from my routine, however at the moment, I drink around 4-6 pints of beer on the week-end. So generally 2-3 beers on a Saturday and 2-3 beers on a Sunday. It's not a huge amount but it does adds up. The real problem is when you go OVER that average amount as it'll definitely affect training ... Well, here's to improving and cutting down!

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                      Trying to completely cut booze from my routine, however at the moment, I drink around 4-6 pints of beer on the week-end. So generally 2-3 beers on a Saturday and 2-3 beers on a Sunday. It's not a huge amount but it does adds up. The real problem is when you go OVER that average amount as it'll definitely affect training ... Well, here's to improving and cutting down!
                      I never cared much for beer, so it was pretty easy to cut out. Always hated the taste.

Comment

Working...
                      X