Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Fedor on your P4P/GOAT lists?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if Anderson Sliva beat GSP at MW I would have Fedor ranked above him due to the fact that GSP is declining and fighting at a new weight for the first time. However if Anderson beat Jones then I could see a case for him being ranked number one.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      ^^ You again, the resident Anderson SIlva hater. I'm not going to do this nonsense with you again, but you're wrong. Anderson beat the #1 p4p Sakurai in the early 00s before you even knew Fedor, so he had his moments even then. He was always known as the most talented guy in shutebox, it just took the right motivation and training(Nogueira BJJ is what made him hit his prime fighting wise) for him to show his true potential.

And Anderson's ground game is superior to Fedor's. Fedor did not train BJJ which is why he made so many rookie mistakes against Werdum and Bigfoot. Go check the Gracie BJJ breakdown of those fights to see how great he was on the ground. On top of that, Fedor cannot even perform a triangle choke due to the shape of his legs(check his book). The only thing Fedor has over him is standing grappling considering his strong base in Judo/Sambo and takedown skills although Anderson has his incredible Thai clinch.
      http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...silva-2496041/

Just made a thread on there, just to show you what others think. You need to get off Andersons nuts for once in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...silva-2496041/

Just made a thread on there, just to show you what others think. You need to get off Andersons nuts for once in your life.
        1-Aside from being the most troll-infested, Sherdog is also the most Fedor fanboy infested forum on the net, so that site is not relevant. Obviously why you would seek refuge in there(I hurt your feelings that much I guess) with your fellow Anderson haters/Fedor fanboys.
        2-Why do you ignore the fact that Fedor did not train BJJ? Why do you ignore that he was unable to perform a standard triangle choke due to his leg shape? Why do you ignore the Werdum & BF fights? Did you not see the Rener Gracie breakdowns on youtube where they explain Fedor's rookie mistakes and lack of BJJ knowledge?

So go **** yourself you delusional, bitter hater. You have no knowledge on anything regarding this.

Comment

1-Aside from being the most troll-infested, Sherdog is also the most Fedor fanboy infested forum on the net, so that site is not relevant. Obviously why you would seek refuge in there(I hurt your feelings that much I guess) with your fellow Anderson haters/Fedor fanboys.
          2-Why do you ignore the fact that Fedor did not train BJJ? Why do you ignore that he was unable to perform a standard triangle choke due to his leg shape? Why do you ignore the Werdum & BF fights? Did you not see the Rener Gracie breakdowns on youtube where they explain Fedor's rookie mistakes and lack of BJJ knowledge?

So go **** yourself you delusional, bitter hater. You have no knowledge on anything regarding this.
          I value (so far) 10 pages of people stating their opinion regarding this (around 100 people so far) than yours who has proven to be a Silva dickrider. So what if he could not do a triangle choke? You seem to forget how many other moves he could do. Do some research on the amount of pro fighters who have trained with him and what they have said regarding his ground game. Fedor sweeped a PRIME Nog when he was off his back, he was not in danger whenever he was on his back vs him. I've never seen Anderson do any type of submission off his back which did not involve a triangle. Grappling does not consist of ONLY being on your back, have you ever done Sambo? Judo? Fedor is WORLD class at both, like amongst the worlds best.

Fedor has submitted MORE fighters, in MORE ways and that's from the top AND bottom. Werdum is one of THE BEST BJJ practioners in the world, Anderson is not even CLOSE to his level in BJJ, Fedors gameplan for years had been what he displayed in that fight, no patience and he got paid the price. Werdum is THAT good when it comes to submissions. Fedor in his BF fight fought poorly, poor game plan and BF was too big on top. Bare in mind Fedor had been declining since 2006/07. His own trainers said he stopped training properly after 2007 and had plans to retire unless the right offer came along (which did).

You can post the exact thread I posted on any other BIG MMA forum, and you will receive the SAME replies that you got in the sherdog thread. You are an absolute joke, you Silva dickrider. Read and watch some Judo/Sambo, BJJ is not the only form of submitting and grappling, look at how successful Sambo/Judo fighters are now in the UFC from the Eastern Bloc.

I'm not going to post any more because it's not really going to further this thread anymore. Post on Sherdog, state your opinion and reasoning behind it and then we'll see how it goes down.

Comment

Anderson is the most talented fighter of all time.

Fedor is the greatest fighter of all time.

Anderson's entire UFC career still can't top Fedor beating a prime Nog and a prime crocop.

Comment

^^ You again, the resident Anderson SIlva hater. I'm not going to do this nonsense with you again, but you're wrong. Anderson beat the #1 p4p Sakurai in the early 00s before you even knew Fedor,
              #1? Who was crazy enough to rank Sakurai over Shamrock?

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                I value (so far) 10 pages of people stating their opinion regarding this (around 100 people so far)
                10 pages of ******ed nonsense where probably the majority wasn't even about the topic at hand. That's how much of a joke that website is, no wonder you put so much stock into it. You fit right in there, kid. LOL @ your dumbass actually counting every single one of them. Did I really get to you that badly you pvssy whipped fanboy? You don't see me doing the same thing to Silva, yet you call me a dckrider. You are a hypocritical, handicapped ******.

So what if he could not do a triangle choke?
                Great argument. "So what if a fighter that I claim is the greatest couldn't do one of the most basic moves in the entire sport?". Name me one basic move Fedor did that Anderson is literally physically incapable of doing.

You seem to forget how many other moves he could do.
                Armbars, Kimura's and basic chokes. Anderson could do all of his submissions INCLUDING triangle chokes.

More importantly Anderson trained every aspect of ground grappling. Fedor was too arrogant to train outside of Sambo and Judo which cost him against two BJJ blackbelts who made him look like an amateur.

Do some research on the amount of pro fighters who have trained with him and what they have said regarding his ground game. Fedor sweeped a PRIME Nog when he was off his back, he was not in danger whenever he was on his back vs him.
                He was rarely ever on his back in those fights and trust me, since he never trained in BJJ it would only be a matter of time if Fedor stopped his GnP game and tried to submit Nog, he'd be tapping just like against Werdum.

I've never seen Anderson do any type of submission off his back which did not involve a triangle.
                With his triangle he can either take your arm OR choke you out, so what the hell is your point?

Grappling does not consist of ONLY being on your back, have you ever done Sambo? Judo? Fedor is WORLD class at both, like amongst the worlds best.
                Haha look at this delusional fanboy ******. Fedor, ever in his entire life was even remotely CLOSE to being one of the world's best in Judo. Sambo, yes since it's a NATIONAL sport with very little competition.

Fedor has submitted MORE fighters, in MORE ways and that's from the top AND bottom.
                Fedor has not submitted a single BJJ black belt. Anderson has atleast one.

Werdum is one of THE BEST BJJ practioners in the world, Anderson is not even CLOSE to his level in BJJ
                Very relevant statement since I claimed Anderson's BJJ was on Werdum's level, right? Because that's exactly what I said, didn't I?

Fedors gameplan for years had been what he displayed in that fight, no patience and he got paid the price. Werdum is THAT good when it comes to submissions.
                Actually Fedor is THAT dumb to be the only one to jump right into Werdum's guard with no regard for anything.

That's like jumping into JDS' right uppercut to later praise his punching power.

Fedor in his BF fight fought poorly, poor game plan and BF was too big on top. Bare in mind Fedor had been declining since 2006/07. His own trainers said he stopped training properly after 2007 and had plans to retire unless the right offer came along (which did).
                Nice excuses. He had not been declining since 06, fanboy. His first display of that would be in the Rogers fight. And his decline is extremely overrated by his fanboys. He simply got his ass kicked by 3 top fighters in a row. Levels of fighters that he had not faced in several years, so it destroyed the illusions. The Hendo fight btw is another example of Fedor's grappling that you're creaming about. The way Hendo easily slipped out of Fedor's top control and got his back to KHTFO. Before that he was easily outclinching Fedor against the fence too.

You really are the worst type of fan of the sport. You're like a ****stain on the sport that you can't clean off because you're too stubborn. I hope to God you kill yourself after Anderson wins yet another fight and enhances his legacy you waste of life.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                  Anderson is the most talented fighter of all time.

Fedor is the greatest fighter of all time.

Anderson's entire UFC career still can't top Fedor beating a prime Nog and a prime crocop.
                  Good points here.

Not sure about the last part though, but those were still great wins for Fedor.
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 06-29-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Fedor has been the best ive ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Good points here.

Not sure about the last part though, but those were still great wins for Fedor.
                      Those points are valid. IMO Anderson's biggest title defense was against like Hendo. He's the closest person Anderson has faced that is comparable to Prime Nog and Prime Cro Cop. I just give Anderson number one because of his longevity, but it is arguably true that Fedor had stiffer competition
                      I should add Hendo to my list he's had some amazing career longevity as well. He's been at the top forever
                      Last edited by KidKwik; 06-29-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X