Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: I'm #1 at 147, I Hope To Show That With KO of Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
    how about Spence and Crawford fighting each other
    The realest post in this fckin thread.

Comment

Not sure what all the hate for Keith is around here, but going off of his resume, hes still #1 in the WW division. Wins over porter and Garcia are better than anyone else in the division. Closely followed by Spence, and Crawfords the real deal, but beating Horn doesnt make you #1 or 2. Excited for Thurman to be back in the ring. Hopefully that long @ss layoff doesnt affect him too much.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
        how about spence and Crawford fighting each other
        I think they should too. Why wait until Porter, Thurman, or Danny Garcia get the boys to face them? Probably a 2 year wait. Whoever wins between Crawford and Spence will definitely be #1 in the welterweight division. If its a close fight, which I think it will be, they can do 2 or 3 fights while waiting for the other "top" guys to grow a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Right View Post
          Not sure what all the hate for Keith is around here, but going off of his resume, hes still #1 in the WW division. Wins over porter and Garcia are better than anyone else in the division. Closely followed by Spence, and Crawfords the real deal, but beating Horn doesnt make you #1 or 2. Excited for Thurman to be back in the ring. Hopefully that long @ss layoff doesnt affect him too much.
          I think the hate is frustration due to his so-called injuries. A year off for arthroscopic surgery on his elbow, and then another year off for a bruised hand? Come on, man?! He somehow keeps a belt after being off for so long? What a joke. He should not come back saying he is #1...he knows he has to earn his way back.

He does have a good resume, but if you look at Garcia, who went life and death with Peterson? Spence destroyed Peterson. Porter? Brook beat Porter easier than Thurman, and look what Spence did to Brook. Its not the same, I know, but they see it, or they wouldn't have shied away from Spence.

Comment

It most definitely helps Lopez having Robert G in his corner! Glad Keef is getting back on some kind of track... just keep it moving Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAnitaSmith View Post
              Who's this dude fighting Lopez?

Comment

A win over Lopez might put Thurman ahead of Victor Ortiz in the WW rankings but the Spence-Garcia winner is clearly the man at welterweight. We have seen Lopez stopped before. That would not show Thurman is the best. We have seen Thurman run away from Spence the way Hurd is running from Charlo right now. Spence is the man at WW and Charlo is the man at JMW and thats the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Noone has done anything to take the crown from thurman. Hes still the number 1 even with his time off.
                  It is really hard to judge this. Normally, I would agree with you, especially with someone of Thurman's record. But it has been years since he stepped in the ring. Until we see what he has, I get others not recognizing him at such a crowded field of 147.

I am just ready for 2019 to roll around in this division. Porter has Ugas on March 9 which is a legit match-up of top fighters in the division. Garcia/Adrian Granados in April, also a good fight. Spence has the Garcia tilt, and Crawford hopefully fights someone with a pulse, be it Khan, Egidijus Kavaliauskas, or even Jamal James.

So when Thurman is set for his next fight, he could have some top level waiting on him, no matter how those fights shake out. He has every chance to prove your point.

Comment

I was fan, was impressed with his win over Porter, and still hope he can get back to the top for a huge fight with Spence, but.........geez his nickname now should be: "One Time (every two years)"

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                      You don't believe that... can you imagine him vs Hurd? Dude is legit bigger than all 160 and I would even say most 168 boxers. Spence doesn't have the style to avoid Hurd for 12 rounds. Eventually that size difference would take over.
                      Spence would literally punch holes through Hurd.

Anybody who stands in front of Errol Spence Jr. is going to get broken and beat down, BADLY. Anybody from 147 to 160 with average to below average defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X