Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a genetic difference between black and white boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    So, the slave trade is responsible for people of African decent having superior physical attributes, and not the way God made them? Well, thank you for that tidbit of valuable information, professor tool!
    You need to read my post more carefully and get your facts straight and not use derogatory words to others. Shows you up.

You only have to read the works of Mendel to realise genetic specifics can be manipulated and skewed. Truth.
    Last edited by Richard; 12-13-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

The research I'm aware of indicates that, on average, people of mostly African descent tend to have a higher proportion of type 2 muscle fibers than people of other ancestries. Practically speaking, having more type 2 fibers means you have a higher "peak power" you can deliver. For instance, the vertical jump test is a reasonable measure of this - how hard can you suddenly flex your leg muscles. The trade-off is that if you have more type 2 then you have less type 1, which means your muscular endurance isn't as good as someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
        You need to read my post more carefully and get your facts straight and not use derogatory words to others. Shows you up.

A very negligible part yes is due to the slave trade as to why there maybe some strength differences in certain African populations at the time of the slave trade but over time will be ironed out. You only have to read the works of Mendel to realise genetic specifics can be manipulated and skewed. Truth.

God made people and some people preferred power and greed as opposed to decency hence you only have to look at the " scramble for Africa" as proof of this in the 18 th century where countries invaded Africa just for material gain.
        Africans were created with superior physical attributes, due to their natural environment. They were hunter-gatherers. They had to be strong and agile in order to exist on the continent with the largest concentration of animals on earth. Europeans were superior in developing weapons, which is why they were able to conquer third-world countries. You contradicted yourself in saying that the slave trade strengthened Africans "survival of the fittest" yet saying it had a "very negligible" affect on strength.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          And what makes you think black people has superior work ethic that give them success?
          I don't think anyone as a whole as a superior work ethic, just because of their ethnicity 'I was just using those athletes as a example, when taking into consideration variables such as mindset and work ethic ' They are both pioneers, in some sort of way they where different.

But as I have stated at he beginning of the thread? these sort of topics, are continually brought up too discredit black athletes 'Whenever they have success in a area, it is just down to genetics' A lot of work goes into making a Olympic athlete or successful athlete in any sport 'And time and time again, we see these black/African pioneers in sport'

The Slave trade lasted for 300-400 years 'And it did not involve the entirety of the African people'. Black people are the oldest form of humans on this planet, they are literally ground zero of the humanity 'And they have been around living/surviving, in the African terrain and possibly other places all over the world long before white people appeared'.

White people did not create black people, and they are not solely responsible for their success within sports.

And ultimately that is the bottom-line, if people want to continue with this discussion 'Go ahead'.

Comment

Most people on this forum don't understand boxing. They've never been to a gym where they've seen a fat, un-athletic white guy beat the brakes off of an incredibly in shape, extremely athletic black guy... AND vise-versa.

It's the will, not the skill. Unless the will is never tested.

Comment

Originally posted by meat_abstract View Post
              The research I'm aware of indicates that, on average, people of mostly African descent tend to have a higher proportion of type 2 muscle fibers than people of other ancestries. Practically speaking, having more type 2 fibers means you have a higher "peak power" you can deliver. For instance, the vertical jump test is a reasonable measure of this - how hard can you suddenly flex your leg muscles. The trade-off is that if you have more type 2 then you have less type 1, which means your muscular endurance isn't as good as someone else.
              Hunting gazelles and escaping lions, hyenas and cheetahs favored the swift.

Hunting wooly mammoths through drifts of snow probably favored those with endurance and strength

it's a working theory anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                Africans were created with superior physical attributes, due to their natural environment. They were hunter-gatherers. They had to be strong and agile in order to exist on the continent with the largest concentration of animals on earth. Europeans were superior in developing weapons, which is why they were able to conquer third-world countries. You contradicted yourself in saying that the slave trade strengthened Africans "survival of the fittest" yet saying it had a "very negligible" affect on strength.
                I think you missed my point.All humans descended from Africa and whilst there would of been some genetic variation in the 15th century due to humans moving out of Africa the real skewness wouldnt of been that apparent up until the slave trade.Hence genetic differences may of been due to the need to survive and adaptions as a result .In comparison to the slave trade men manipulated other men for the need for profit and wrong assumptions that black people were inferior.

Iam no expert though on biological differences but know from studying you need to look at the whole picture to get a clearer picture as to why things are the way they are.
                Last edited by Richard; 12-13-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  Most people on this forum don't understand boxing. They've never been to a gym where they've seen a fat, un-athletic white guy beat the brakes off of an incredibly in shape, extremely athletic black guy... AND vise-versa.

It's the will, not the skill. Unless the will is never tested.
                  I agree.The will of man is key but if you have it all you have a world beater.Hence look at Floyd Mayweather for one.Dedicated and talented which created a megastar.

Comment

Scientifically any boxer can be knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                      Scientifically any boxer can be knocked out
                      Very true 😉

Comment

Working...
                      X