Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Ward Kovalev rank in the all time robberies list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    No it couldn't of gone either way someone won and someone lost that either way **** is what people say when they don't know how to score.
    Yeah, ward won and kovalev lost. It's an argument I won't be getting into because it's been done to death on here. Different people score fights in different ways. Always have and always will.

Comment

Not a robbery.

Comment

Not a robbery.

Comment

I have 3 levels of when I disagree with a decision

1) A close fight that could have gone any way. In this case, I accept the official decision, because its a reasonable decision, just one I didn't make. For example, I thought Trout edged Canelo, but I accept the official decision.

2) Clear winner: I do not accept the official decision, because I thought it was a clear decision, that the officials got wrong.

and 3) Straight robbery. No need to even discuss.

To me Ward - Kovalev is the second category. Kovalev was IMO the clear winner, and that's how I analyze the result (hence, Kovalev is my p4p #2a, while Ward is 2b).

It wasn't a straight robbery like Pac Bradley. I will listen to arguments that Ward outboxed Kovalev for 7 rounds. I can see how someone might think that, especially if they overlook punches landed in favor of "ring generalship." But I don't accept these arguments. Kovalev won.

Comment

Clear cut winner for Robbery of the Decade.

Comment

Absurd.

A close fight can't be a robbery.

De La Hoya/Trinidad
              Pacquiao/Bradley
              Gonzalez/Pascal

THOSE are robberies.

Ward/Kovalev was a fight were Ward won 4 rounds definitively, Kovalev won 4 rounds definitively and 4 rounds were up for grabs, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
                I have it on par with Pac Bradley 1 IMO
                It wasn't a Robery come on now

Comment

The only people who got robbed were the Kov fans that counted Ward out in round 2 and ignored everything he did afterwards. They were robbed of the experience of witnessing a tremendous comeback.

Fights this close being called robberies is just funny. Any debatable bout gets half the forum's panties in a twist.

Comment

I had kova winning 120-107. I'm not sure what the judges saw.

Comment

No robbery.

Comment

Working...
                      X