Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mega Men Sport Multivitamin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool i should check that out so this little creatine thing wont make me slower??? today i felt mad slow but then it went away after a while

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan Chino View Post
      Cool i should check that out so this little creatine thing wont make me slower??? today i felt mad slow but then it went away after a while
      It's all in your head, man. Just relax. If it's bugging you that much just return it and find a better one.

Comment

alright thanx

Comment

I find that OPTI MEN from ON, are good. Whatever you do, try and stay away from UNIVERSAL'S Animal Pak. You have to down 11 pills at once. I know that GNC's Multi Vitamin pak has several pills, has well. OPTI MEN has only 3 pills to take. One at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Like with all multi vitamins, make sure you drink plenty of water otherwise, your urine will be neon in color lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyMarciano View Post
            Like with all multi vitamins, make sure you drink plenty of water otherwise, your urine will be neon in color lol.
            Your urine is neon because of the B Vitamins, not because you don't drink enough water.

But I agree, Animal Pak is useless.

Comment

I would say Animal Pak is superior to either ON's or GNC's Mega Men... if you are willing to take that many pills.

It's got a great profile of vits and mins, but it has a lot more than that that could benefit you. If you are looking for a 1 a day or not willing to swallow a whole pack, though, then you do want to avoid Animal Pak, but I don't think there is a more complete multi combo for athletes out there.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                It's even enough to have an impact on recovery.

A normal dose of creatine is 5 grams or 5000mg.

1 dose of Mega Mens Sport is 150mg. You'd have to take half the bottle for any kind of effect like recovery or weight gain.

And if you did that you'd probably die from excessive consumption of a vitamin before you gained any weight. LOL
                while a normal dose could be 5 grams that would be a normal does for some one trying to bulk up as fast as they can. where as ive noticed that for recovery alone barely a sip can cause noticeable differences. while 150 mg may not cause you to notice something immediately the next day it may be the diffrence between working out 3 days in a row then taking a rest or working out 4 days in a row then taking a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shen View Post
                  while a normal dose could be 5 grams that would be a normal does for some one trying to bulk up as fast as they can. where as ive noticed that for recovery alone barely a sip can cause noticeable differences. while 150 mg may not cause you to notice something immediately the next day it may be the diffrence between working out 3 days in a row then taking a rest or working out 4 days in a row then taking a rest.
                  Well, first, it should be noted that what's in Mega Men is not creatine. It's a creatine 'precursor', which is to say, it's supposed to increase your own body's production (how well it will actually do that is anyone's guess). So compraing that 150 mg vs. the recommended amount of creatine (as mentioned, roughly 5 g) is like comparing apples to oranges.

However, as for creatine dosages, your body's creatine levels do need to be built up for you to notice reasonable differences in recovery, typically speaking you'd need to take 5 g or so (this all depend on bodyweight, though, so the number is different for everyone) a day for that. So while a single sip may have some 'immediate' recovery effects, the majority of that effect will either come from pre-built up creatine stores or from other ingredients common in those drinks, rather than the creatine itself. (Electrolytes, carbohydrates, that sort of thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Insane Ninja View Post
                    Well, first, it should be noted that what's in Mega Men is not creatine. It's a creatine 'precursor', which is to say, it's supposed to increase your own body's production (how well it will actually do that is anyone's guess). So compraing that 150 mg vs. the recommended amount of creatine (as mentioned, roughly 5 g) is like comparing apples to oranges.

However, as for creatine dosages, your body's creatine levels do need to be built up for you to notice reasonable differences in recovery, typically speaking you'd need to take 5 g or so (this all depend on bodyweight, though, so the number is different for everyone) a day for that. So while a single sip may have some 'immediate' recovery effects, the majority of that effect will either come from pre-built up creatine stores or from other ingredients common in those drinks, rather than the creatine itself. (Electrolytes, carbohydrates, that sort of thing).
                    i was referring to a sip of liquid creatine stuff that GNC makes that is just creatine and not any other stuff kinda has a sandy syrup texture and i usually only take enough to just barely coat my tounge.

so the 150 mg of creatine precursor could result in more then 150 mg of creatine production.

built up? built up by how much for you to notice a difference in recovery? why does it need to be built up?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shen View Post
                      i was referring to a sip of liquid creatine stuff that GNC makes that is just creatine and not any other stuff kinda has a sandy syrup texture and i usually only take enough to just barely coat my tounge.

so the 150 mg of creatine precursor could result in more then 150 mg of creatine production.

built up? built up by how much for you to notice a difference in recovery? why does it need to be built up?
                      If it's the liquid stuff I'm thinking of, you might want to quit buying it. Creatine is not very stable in liquid and becomes creatinine (a useless by product that you pee out) very fast. I know the store I work at (different supp store, not a GNC) sells some liquid stuff, but I've heard it's mostly junk. I'm not sure if the GNC stuff is the same or not, so I can't say for sure, but you'd get better results (for a better price) by buying bulk creatine monohydrate powder and mixing it with some Gatorade powder with 8-16 oz. of water.

As for the 150 mg of precursor, it could theoretically lead to more or less creatine production than 150 mg. I don't think there has been a lot of research on that substance.

As for the building up, the reason why you want that is because of how creatine works. Basically, your body uses a fuel called ATP when it does intense activity. After it's used up, it becomes ADP which isn't as useful for energy. Creatine combines with the ADP to reform ATP, which allows you to work out longer.

In order for this effect to be noticeable, though, the serum level of creatine in your muscle has to be built up so the creatine is right there in the muscle to recombine with the ADP.

Some people/companies say you should do a loading phase of taking up to 20 g of creatine or more a day for 7 days to quickly build up your levels, but it seems taking smaller dosages (3 to 7 g a day) causes your serum levels to increase just about as fast, so that loading phase probably isn't necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X