No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute: The Loss To Froch Will Make Me a Better Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I count myself as a Bute fan and was highly disappointing with the Froch fight. But what really worries me is that Froch's power is overrated and yet he so easily devastated Bute. And it is not just my opinion that Froch's power is overrated his record speaks for itself. Since he moved up from the British domestic level fights to the elite level his power has dropped significantly. He has fought eight times in those fights he has two knock outs. And one of those knock outs was over Taylor. And for what ever reason that seems to be a regular occurrence with Jermaine these days. So, in my opinion Bute's jaw might not hold up but I still say he is a better fighter than he usually gets credit for.
    Froch's power ain't over rated, he's heavy handed and most poeple can see that. The top guys he's been fighting, apart from Bute and Taylor, don't get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by HardSpar
      Froch's power ain't over rated, he's heavy handed and most poeple can see that. The top guys he's been fighting, apart from Bute and Taylor, don't get stopped.
      I didn't say he didn't have heavy hands I said hios power is overrated. The reason I believe that is because he tends to wing his power punches. And he can get away with that against lesser fighters but not elite ones. So, in my opinion it means his power is in fact overrated. And since he stopped Bute everyone and their brother thinks he will now be some kind of monster that goes about knocking everyone out. I just don't see it happening.
      Last edited by Ravens Fan; 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I didn't say he didn't have heavy hands I said hios power is overrated. The reason I believe that is because he tends to wing his power punches. And he can get away with that against lesser fighters but not elite ones. So, in my opinion it means his power is in fact overrated. And since he stopped Bute everyone and their brother thinks he will now be some kind of monster that goes about knocking everyone out. I just don't see it happening.
        I disagreed with you saying his power is overrated because I think most people know what he's about by now.

Comment

Froch is very heavy handed, he has a lot of power. His recent low knockout ratio is low due to the level of competition.

out of 8 fights he has lost 2 (1 a close decision to the competition favourite, and one to the best man in the weight and one of the best p4p)

One spent the whole fight running away and throwing himself on the floor.

His problem at the highest level is landing the power shots, that can only be credit to his opponents,

I'm sure if he was fighting the same level guys as Bute had in his last 8 fight his Ko% would be much higher.

A rematch with Bute will only Bring the same result, the only question is how quick.
          Will froch run through him even quicker, now he knows he can, or will Bute last a little longer due to his unwillingness to trade knowing what will happen if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by casual hero View Post
            Froch is very heavy handed, he has a lot of power. His recent low knockout ratio is low due to the level of competition.

out of 8 fights he has lost 2 (1 a close decision to the competition favourite, and one to the best man in the weight and one of the best p4p)

One spent the whole fight running away and throwing himself on the floor.

His problem at the highest level is landing the power shots, that can only be credit to his opponents,

I'm sure if he was fighting the same level guys as Bute had in his last 8 fight his Ko% would be much higher.

A rematch with Bute will only Bring the same result, the only question is how quick.
            Will froch run through him even quicker, now he knows he can, or will Bute last a little longer due to his unwillingness to trade knowing what will happen if he does.
            I believe that was the point I was making. Because I never said he didn't have power I said it was overrated and has has been since he stopped Bute. And why can't he hit elite fighters with power shots? Because he wings them and therefore his power is overrated. Because it is easier to generate power when you are winging punches. And the only reason I even made the statement is because I read so many fans saying that Froch will blow this and that fighter away since the Bute fight. And I am not taking anything away from Froch because it was in fact an incredible stoppage. But for me it really put in question Bute's punch resistance because Froch hadn't blown away anyone for along time, not even Taylor. And 67% ko ratio may be proof that he is heavy handed but not that he has the incredible knockout power that fans are claiming he has since he stopped Bute. I just don't see him blowing away his future opponents just because he blew away Bute. As far as the Dirrell fight is concerned. I believe Andre actually made Carl look like an amateur and won the fight in every way other then on the score cards. And I cannot stand Andre Dirrell However, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight. With that said that argument is for another day.

Comment

And why can't he hit elite fighters with power shots?
              because they're elite fighters?

Pascal, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson and Ward have never been stopped, so it's a tall order to expect Froch to stop them all.

Froch is however, heavy-handed, although I don't expect Bute-type performances against every fighter.

Comment

Anyone who ever wings any of their punches has overrated power? Even George Foreman? Plenty of guys with great power throw some wild, technically flawed shots every round.

Not that I see Froch as a huge puncher but what you're saying isn't the reason either.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I agree that Froch proved that Bute's chin is below average at the elite level. The thing I also noted from their fight was Bute's lack of defense. Froch, who by no means is a speedster, was able to counter Bute with hard powershots from the first bell.

Bute has a rebuilding task ahead of him and to be frank, it is difficult to see him winning a return fight. The only thing Bute has going for him is his power, but seeing him landing anything of consequence on Froch without paying is hard.
                  It has nothing to do with Froch being faster than Bute. Froch been in that ring facing the best after best, the experience and ability to react at all times is only rivaled by Andre Ward at that weight. Froch's on another level, cant beat Ward, but sure around that level.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    because they're elite fighters?

Pascal, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson and Ward have never been stopped, so it's a tall order to expect Froch to stop them all.

Froch is however, heavy-handed, although I don't expect Bute-type performances against every fighter.
                    I never once said he should knock them all out I just said his power was overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      Anyone who ever wings any of their punches has overrated power? Even George Foreman? Plenty of guys with great power throw some wild, technically flawed shots every round.

Not that I see Froch as a huge puncher but what you're saying isn't the reason either.
                      Okay for what ever reason his power is still overrated and that was really all I was trying to say.
                      Last edited by Ravens Fan; 10-11-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X