Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Wasn't a True Champion, Whole Career Full of Lies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    I agree with that !!

AJ was all class in defeat..... much like when he wins

I hope he works his way back

I think they should pass on the immediate rematch

that counter-punching was a real problem, one that they may not be able to overcome in just one camp
    I agree, he’s got to make some radical changes in camp to overcome a style tailor made to beat him. His corner were really pretty poor in advising him between rounds. I doubt they’ll pass on the rematch though, Haymon would never give them another shot.

Comment

• Oh Deontay, you still ducked him, you still made up lies and excuses not to fight him, you still lined up inhouse fights while he was calling you out. This fool has not got an ounce of humility and humbleness in his body and thats one of the reasons he aint got no fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit29 View Post
        Wilder did the right thing by not signing to DAZN and here's why. His first fight was Breazele. And then AJ loses (this could have been Miller beating AJ) Thats one fight. And there is a rematch clause. BUT Ruiz has a right to request a voluntary defense one of three belts. And Wilder is NOT going to sit around waiting for a whole year as he would want to be active. That's two fights gone and no AJ fight. And that 40 million was contingent upon him facing AJ unless there was something in the contract that said the money will change if it's not AJ.

And say Ruiz loses his voluntary defense. And now the AJ fight has ZERO steam. And keep in mind, thrre is a rematch clause in the contract and would make 3 fights. So Wilder made the right choice. He was banking on being able to fight Fury and AJ WITHOUT having to sign multi fight deals. And he was right because Wilder is fighting Fury and it will be a joint venture with ESPN and Fox. And i wonder how Eddies "American Takeover" is coming along. DAZN just lost about 20 thousand subscribers..Lol
        ... Yes..............

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Exposed? Joshua was stopped, not exposed. Big difference. Geez, it's like a fighter these days has a bunch of little jackals running under his heels taunting and whining. I had doubts too whether or not Joshua would be last man standing amongst the HWs. But I never thought he was a phony. We'll see what happens in the rematch, and we'll see from the next few fights just how good Ruiz is.

And equally importantly, we saw Ruiz humble in victory, and Joshua humble in defeat. Two true sportsmen. Yet Wilder calls Joshua a bum afterwards. So THERE will likely be the real pretender. Tell me again Wilder how you actually think you'll get by all 3... Ortiz, Fury, Ruiz. Then Joshua. I don't see it.

We may get belts switching hands as much as we did back in the 80s/90s, or we could find out who the real king of HWs is within the next year or two. Bottom line, this could turn out to be another golden age for the division, and we fans are the winners in all this. I for one am really looking forward to the next few years.
        ... Joshua is done, man!!!

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
        If I was Joshua I would retire. What a disgrace he is.
        ... Hearn will try to cash him out, first...

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Wilder trying to benefit from this scenario - I don’t see how he can though

He is still the no.3 HW in the world, assuming Joshua drops below.

He has lost out on a huge payday, that he will never get the chance to earn again

Lost the spotlight for now. He attempted to steal it by announcing the Fury fight, but all eyes are on Ruiz now.

It’s so obvious that the Wilder team are trying to build up like they did with Joshua, but they are limited to what they are working with..
          With the exception of the first paragraph, I respectively disagree with this entire post

How can Wilder be ranked #3 ?

AJ was viewed as the #1 and just took a L against a fighter most believe is a 2nd tier.Right now Ruiz has to be ranked ahead of AJ because of that win but besides the upset he pulled off he doesn’t even have a 2nd tier HW scalp on his resume. At best it’s Ruiz #3 / AJ #4 .

This leaves fury / Wilder battling for the top 2 spots since AJs out of the picture and Ruiz hasn’t proved that his win wasn’t a anomaly .

No matter how you feel about the result of their fight it was Fury who avoided a Immediate rematch to run it back and clear things up.

I don’t think the fighter that ran away should be rewarded and ranked above the fighter who wanted the rematch to take place regardless about how you feel about who deserved the decision.

Even if that fighter has the better win / is the better boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Id like to see it. If Josh is a bum losing to ruiz lets see you do it.
            Cancel ortiz fight and fight ruiz
            Why cancel the Ortiz fight? AJ is going to rematch Ruiz. Wilder/Ortiz II is likely to happen before Joshua/Ruiz II is.

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            if the clause is for an immediate rematch, then yes
            Thanks. I guess we will find out in the coming days what was in the contract.

Comment

• Ruiz stepped up and did the thing maybe you couldve done if you had more self belief. Now you'll never know, the big moneys gone,and so is your chance at greatness.

Comment

• At the end of the day, Wilder will be stopped by some Kownacki/Whyte/Ortiz alike fighter, fall down to obscurity and just dream about 50 million dollar paydays.

Joshua payday is gone, Wilder. What an idiot you are to be happy?

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  With the exception of the first paragraph, I respectively disagree with this entire post

How can Wilder be ranked #3 ?

AJ was viewed as the #1 and just took a L against a fighter most believe is a 2nd tier.Right now Ruiz has to be ranked ahead of AJ because of that win but besides the upset he pulled off he doesn’t even have a 2nd tier HW scalp on his resume. At best it’s Ruiz #3 / AJ #4 .

This leaves fury / Wilder battling for the top 2 spots since AJs out of the picture and Ruiz hasn’t proved that his win wasn’t a anomaly .

No matter how you feel about the result of their fight it was Fury who avoided a Immediate rematch to run it back and clear things up.

I don’t think the fighter that ran away should be rewarded and ranked above the fighter who wanted the rematch to take place regardless about how you feel about who deserved the decision.

Even if that fighter has the better win / is the better boxer.
                  Ruiz has the best official win out of any HW currently. That puts him in contention for one of the top 2 spots. There was no controversy, no awful scoring, a clean, clear victory. Though Ruiz did come from lower in the rankings.

Fury has a good win over Wilder unofficially, where he showed he was systematically the better boxer, along with a body of over solid work in the division.

Wilder has a win over Ortiz but was outclassed by Fury, and Joshua has just been beaten.

I would like to hear your reasoning as to why Ruiz shouldn’t be ranked over Wilder, when he has the much better resume with this win. Official decisions have no bearing on how good a fighter is.

1. Fury
                  2. Ruiz
                  3. Wilder
                  4. Joshua

Comment

• Lol this is why you don’t follow any fighter around vehemently like a deluded ******ed fanatic,,, and this is why you should be a fan of the sport more so than over any individual fighter. And why it’s important to try and be objective. Wilder fanboys take notes, I know you guys are so relieved now because now that fight will sadly most likely never happen.

Providing Ruiz gets through AJ again it’s going to be fascinating to see whether Wilder takes the unification with him given they are both with Haymon.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                      If I was Joshua I would retire. What a disgrace he is.
                      Seriously??

The only disgrace is you with this comment.

Comment

Working...
                      X