Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you go to get a mouthpiece always remember.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you go to get a mouthpiece always remember.....

You always get what you pay for....

I got this from my local orthodontist and this thing will not protect me from crap....Just remember when you go to get your mouthpiece made, ask for a sample of what it will look like first....

Talk about money wasted

Ooouch! Is that your teeth in there?

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerboY
      Ooouch! Is that your teeth in there?

No they took impressions from my upper teeth and molded the piece to fit perfectly inside my mouth, fits like a charm but obviously no protection for boxing...

Comment

Try fitting that into a standard protector....you may have to do some "persuading" but if you get it to fit you can use permanent dental adhesive to fit the molded piece into the one size fits all....I've done it for people a few times, try looking for a surgical supply house.

Comment

Originally posted by NichtGeflechten
          Try fitting that into a standard protector....you may have to do some "persuading" but if you get it to fit you can use permanent dental adhesive to fit the molded piece into the one size fits all....I've done it for people a few times, try looking for a surgical supply house.

How is that for safety?

I was looking at

http://www.customguards.com

Im thinking about just ordering one of their kits for impressions and send it back to them for like 50-80 bucks.

Comment

get one from a sprts store thathas like $1000 dollar warranty on it.
            You lose a tooth and u get $1000 and i think they have ones that go all the way upto 10k. No way the wont protect ur teef good.

Comment

The mouth piece looks fine, What makes you think it wont protect your teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
                The mouth piece looks fine, What makes you think it wont protect your teeth?

It isnt thick enough and their is no gumshield around it...

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
                  It isnt thick enough and their is no gumshield around it...
                  I'm not sure what you mean by no gumshield around it?

I have had to get my gumshield out and compare them!! ha ha! The thickness is fine, it looks exactly the same as mine.

I can see the impression of you teeth in it so it will protect your teeth better than any other mouth guard. The rubber may feel soft and thin so i can understand why you doubt.

I'm a heavy so i'm fighting big punchers ever time i fight and i havent had any problems since i started using dentist impression gum shields, I had loads of problems before i started using them!! Dont take my word for it, take both of your gumshields to the gym when you start going and ask your coach.

Comment

That mouthpiece sucks! It's hard to get a decent mouthpiece sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X