Vegas has Broner as a 6 to 1 underdog vs Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas has Broner as a 6 to 1 underdog vs Garcia

O M F G

Im dropping 1000 on Broner.. The odds are just too good to pass up. 6-1 odds on what i think is a 50 50 fight..

Garcia has been inactive and fought 2 tomato cans. Broner has been somewhat busy compared to Mikey. Broner been fighting world champions opposed to sparring for 2-3 years.. Broners only losses are to bigger guys at 147

Im not saying Broner will win but 6-1 odds is flatout disrespectful.. They are basically saying Mcgregor has just as good a chance of beating Floyd than Broner does Garcia lol..

Garcia is good but hes being seriously overrated and overpriced here...

Vegas is usually right ya know. People were shocked at how wide the odds were for Stevenson-Fonfara II and then Stevenson fed him punch after punch w/o trouble

Also I think in general it seems that the oddsmakers don't like picking a fighter with multiple losses over an undefeated fighter.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-14-2017, 02:16 AM.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if this has more to do with how highly they think of Garcia or how little they think of Broner. I think it's probably the latter considering they have odds for Linares vs. Garcia as well and Linares is only a 3-1 underdog.

Comment

I watched a Broner highlight video today & damn near jumped on that myself. Then I remembered that Broner died the night of the Maidana fight & calmed the f#ck down.

Its a great bet if you believe in Broner doe. I don't. Or I don't enough at those odds. If it goes to +600 I might have to throw something on him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          I'm trying to figure out if this has more to do with how highly they think of Garcia or how little they think of Broner. I think it's probably the latter considering they have odds for Linares vs. Garcia as well and Linares is only a 3-1 underdog.
          I agree.

If you believe bearded Broner can reach the accomplishments & skill level of unbearded Broner again then its a great bet doe. I just can't trust Broner to come in serious for a fight. Or on weight. Or about a dozen other things that make me not wanna put money on him.

I mean I think I like Broner to get arrested before the fight more than I like Broner to beat Mikey at those odds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            I also think it's more of the latter. Broner has not demonstrated that he can beat a Mikey caliber fighter at 140 or 147. Broner also fights as though he's unsure of himself.

But it's still a fight with some intrigue. Broner is a naturally bigger fighter, has the reach advantage, has some pop, and is the best fighter yet in Garcia's return.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-14-2017, 02:21 AM.

Comment

there you have it

vegas is racist

Comment

I gotta admit those are enticing odds

Comment

I think Garcia will kill him, but Broner has a puncher's chance. I wouldn't go so far as to bet on him, but with good enough odds it would make sense.

Comment

I asked about the odds a few days ago and its crazy how much of a underdog he is, i really don't like betting but i might put some for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X