No announcement yet.

Wilder’s Punch Power Vs. Shavers/Liston/Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder’s Punch Power Vs. Shavers/Liston/Foreman

I’ve had some friends saying that Wilder is the hardest puncher of all time. Malik Scott has said this too and Atlas said something along these lines as well.

Now I vehemently disagree and believe the above 3 are all harder punchers than Wilder. Yes, Wilder punches very hard, in fact exceptionally hard. However, you have to look at his level of opposition. The above 3 knocked out much better opponents with better chins. Foreman knocked Frazier down 6 times before KOing him. You can’t rank someone’s punch power as the greatest when they haven’t knocked out people with great chins.

Discuss.

I’d say Wilder when he connects off the end at long range hits harder then them . I wouldn’t say hardest hitter of all time though if this is the case he needs better opponents to actually knockout, tonight could help his cause .

Comment

If Wilder hits with a full flow at long range, like against Breazeale, he probably hits harder than all. In the shorter range straight punches, I would say Foreman/Shavers. For uppercuts, possibly Mike Tyson but that would depend on the height of the opponent too.

Put simply, I don't think one fighter has the hardest punches overall.

Comment

He hits hard, but the application of his power is extremely limited.

His offensive arsenal is not quite on the level of Mike Tyson, who only needed afew inches of space to generate game changing power.

Wilder seems to need afew meters of space in comparison.

Comment

2 of the 4 from Alabama and not even talking about Joe Louis.

Comment

Post a list of all those guys 1 punch KOs.

shavers is the most overrated puncher of all time. All the guys that claim he’s the hardest puncher all got back up and beat his stank ass

Comment

The guys who Wilder 1 punched KO would’ve got 1 punched by those named above. Dominic Brezeale? Imagine Foreman hitting him. Ortiz? Pft. The heavyweight division is so weak right now that Wilder comes across as a bigger killer than he is.

His KOs look spectacular because of his level of opposition.

Take Canelo for example. Good solid puncher. If someone was to only see his KO of Khan people would think he is a knockout artist but the reason for the KO was the weight discrepancy amongst other things. When Canelo fights people his size and closer to his level he still has good power but is not KO artist.

The fact of the matter is when judging punching power you have to look at level of opposition. There’s levels.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                He hits hard, but the application of his power is extremely limited.

His offensive arsenal is not quite on the level of Mike Tyson, who only needed afew inches of space to generate game changing power.

Wilder seems to need afew meters of space in comparison.
                He stopped Ortiz in his last fight with a pretty short punch.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  Post a list of all those guys 1 punch KOs.

shavers is the most overrated puncher of all time. All the guys that claim he’s the hardest puncher all got back up and beat his stank ass
                  Eddie Futch said he was an elite all time heavy hitter.

Dundee said Shavers right could knock down a wall.

I guess you know more than those 2 hall of fame trainers.
                  Last edited by BoxingOutlaw; 02-22-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
                    The guys who Wilder 1 punched KO would’ve got 1 punched by those named above. Dominic Brezeale? Imagine Foreman hitting him. Ortiz? Pft. The heavyweight division is so weak right now that Wilder comes across as a bigger killer than he is.

His KOs look spectacular because of his level of opposition.

Take Canelo for example. Good solid puncher. If someone was to only see his KO of Khan people would think he is a knockout artist but the reason for the KO was the weight discrepancy amongst other things. When Canelo fights people his size and closer to his level he still has good power but is not KO artist.

The fact of the matter is when judging punching power you have to look at level of opposition. There’s levels.
                    Anthony Joshua was considered a bigger puncher than Deontay Wilder, at the time of the Molina fight I.E When Joshua fought Molina, within the boxing world 'Nobody was referring to Wilder as the hardest hitting heavyweight of all-time etc

It was between Kilschko, Joshua & Wilder at that specific time 'The media is probably going abit over the top with his power'

Comment

Working...
                    X