Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a reasonable discussion on Deontay Wilder? What are your expectations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a hype job

Comment

wlad would def knock him out

Comment

That was some deadly spammage my phone nearly overheated scrolling

Oh yeah Wilder.... he has power apparently but his chin is like Khans

Comment

He doesn't beat any elite heavy weights. Wilder is 31-0 yet he wasted development fighting people that couldnt help him get better. Now when he gets takin to deep waters he will drown because he spent to much time in the shallows. I guess you can blame his team for not preparing him for championship fights.

Please dont free Dirk Diggler.
          Last edited by C-SHO; 08-13-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I put the spammer on my ignore list he won't be posting here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
              Do you notice any flaws to his game? What about strengths?
              Hard to tell. I don't like how he backs straight up and drops his hands low. I hope fighting these bums doesn't make him ignore the small things or even develop more bad habits.

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
              By the way does anyone know who trains Wilder?
              Mark Breland. Remember him?

Comment

Deontay has so much power that if he'd uppercutted himself like Fury did, he would've knocked himself out.

Comment

He's been KO'd in the amateurs and hasn't had his chin tested as a pro, so there are legitimate questions about his ability to take a punch. He himself does have power and athleticism, and the bronze medal proves he's technically sound so he's likely one of the best heavyweights in the game today. The Stiverne fight will be really interesting, hopefully he's not paid to take a dive the way I think Malik Scott was.

Comment

No doubting he has some POP in his fists.

But his technique is raw and rather amateurish. A level power but C- Level boxing skills.

Comment

Very good power, my concern is how he just overwhelm guys at the lower level. Once he in there with a good counter puncher which will make him have too be careful, can he set his offense up while being defensively responsible. The world level isn't a place to toy with even though guys like Wlad make it look easy, its not.

Comment

Working...
                      X