No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev vs. Lucas Browne on March 5 in Grozny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    I called Chagaev TKO3. Even at 248 I thought Chagaev's experience & skill would be too much for the limited Browne. I had it 5-1 Chagaev after 6 rounds with the extra point. I had no idea the round was extended as I watched it in Russian & wasn't paying attention to the round clock. Chagaev couldn't finish him & he looked exhausted. Browne swept the rounds until the end on my card. There was no way he should of lost to Browne. I'm assuming by the shape Chagaev was in he disregarded Browne as a threat. It looked that way until the 7th. That right to the body followed by a straight left put Browne down hard. Kudos to Browne for getting up. He was cut, bruised & hurt several times but he carried on & fought like a warrior. Congrats to Browne for a big win & now he gets another big fight. The difference in the fight was the Browne showed up in the best shape of his career while Chagaev came in the worst shape of his career. Browne was ready for 12 rounds & Chagaev was ready for 6 rounds. Browne could beat Oquendo if he's in the same shape but I'm not sure he will get much further. He's got another good payday coming & potentially life changing money if he wins. Good for Browne...
    No shame in calling it wrong, I thought it'd be over around5-6 rounds I suppose if you take for Chagaev's low output maybe 6-7. I kinda anticipated the cuts with Browne but thought he may very legitimately stop him with a an heavy KO.

Browne had the look of a dejected and beaten man when he rose for being dropped I thought that was it, end of the round or one more tops and he was done for sure.

All credit to Browne, he has been guided well as Fury was, targeting the WBA lesser title holder, I now hope his sets up a fight with Parker that fight would be huge, maybe not for the Brits or Americans but it is as big as they come in Oceania a ppv for sure.

I have zero desire to see the Oquendo fight and surely the WBA can order him to wait as Brwne has had to wait an eon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
      No shame in calling it wrong, I thought it'd be over around5-6 rounds I suppose if you take for Chagaev's low output maybe 6-7. I kinda anticipated the cuts with Browne but thought he may very legitimately stop him with a an heavy KO.

Browne had the look of a dejected and beaten man when he rose for being dropped I thought that was it, end of the round or one more tops and he was done for sure.

All credit to Browne, he has been guided well as Fury was, targeting the WBA lesser title holder, I now hope his sets up a fight with Parker that fight would be huge, maybe not for the Brits or Americans but it is as big as they come in Oceania a ppv for sure.

I have zero desire to see the Oquendo fight and surely the WBA can order him to wait as Brwne has had to wait an eon.
      The WBA said he has to fight Oquendo because of all the shacy crap that went on following Oquendo/Chagaev. He was owed money, had a rematch clause & the false failed drug test. Oquendo's team took it to court & won. Oquendo is next unless Fres decides to hang it up because he is injured. The WBA also has that tourney going. Winner of Klitschko/Fury faces the winner of Ortiz/Ustinov then it's Browne vs one of those 4. The winner of Browne/Oquendo could squeeze in a fight before the tourney final. I have a feeling the Browne/Oquendo winner could remain on the sidelines until they know who wins on the other side of the tourney. Oquendo would definitely stay inactive but Browne may be able to squeeze a few PPV dollars at home out of that regular trinket. Will be interesting to see. The WBA tourney could go into 2017. Unless Fury or Klitschko vacate instead of fighting Ortiz wh is expected to win the Ustinov fight but you never know...

Comment

• I hope Browne KOes Oquendo. Oquendo has to disappear from the division.

Comment

• I don't know too much about the politics of boxing, but could Browne end up fighting Dominic Breazeale? That would be a good fight.

Comment

• Oquendo won a lawsuit so there is no dodging this fight for browne

Comment

Working...
            X