Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is a father in a child's development?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is a father in a child's development?

IMO a good father is the difference between a child becoming a doctor, or ending up in prison. Everyone needs a positive role model in their life and someone who will guide you through which is that male figure we call a father. A lot of children grow up without a family, or a father, and that damages, or hinders their psychological development. I know many kids without fathers who are in gangs, or simply on the wrong path. I know that if they had a positive male figure in their life to guide them they wouldn't be heading down the wrong road. IMO a solid supportive family can deviate a child from going down the negative road.

Discuss fatherless ****s

Gotta teach yo son how to get his bread. I'mma leave it at that. Thats how Kimbo was raised and thats how I will raise my boys. Go and get your bread young fella..

Comment

I guess they could help you learn things before you get to that stage of life and **** up. I had no strong influences growing up and made some mistakes, nothing real bad but its better that way sometimes because you figure out for yourself what works and what doesn't.

Comment

I think having good male role model is much more vital if you grow up in a low income situation, then say little Brock Wellingworth III growing up in a gated community.

Comment

i have a friends whos fathers are a seaman and is always away (2 or 3 years being away)

and they seem normal.

Comment

very important.

my father used to slap me a lot and call me lard ass. look how i turned out.

he beat me down, so i ended up beating my meat when i was only 8. that probably stunted my penis growth. i am almost still the same size.

Comment

It's really important, IMO. Not all children need that male figure to grow up and be successful but you can clearly see that it has a negative effect on most kids.

Comment

I think every child needs both their parents. Both lil boys and lil girls.

Comment

ur a dad man? heck i thought u were like 17 or something no kid.

but yea man father is very important for a child.

Comment

its diffrent from person to person. girls with father issues tend to desperately seek approval by men, often becoming slutty. boys who grow up without fathers tend to look for it in other palces, thats where the danger sets in since you dont know if the rolemodel a 12 year old chooses for himself is the right one. in the projects the ppl these kids see as successful are the dealers, thieves and general thugs and criminals. those are the ppl with money and women, so they are the ppl kids look up to. ofcourse they can find another influence aswell, the majority of fighters grew up without fathers. not just alot of fighters, the majority. bcuz they often come from these neigborhoods and stick with boxing cuz they get that male influence in their coach plus a chance to release their aggression.

Comment

Working...
                    X