The Truth: Why is modern music so aweful!l

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Well that is subjective.
    What you may hate someone else might love.
    Sometimes if I'm riding in someone else's vehicle and the radio is on, I'll jokingly ask if they have any music that doesn't suck and then chuckle tee hee. I remember the captain on Sealab 2021 saying that at the beginning of an episode.

Comment

There’s plenty of good music still being made.

It’s just that the mainstream TV and Radio stations don’t give them any airtime.

Comment

The blues is disappearing. I guess it's not fasionable now to bare your soul and not give a damn what others think.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
          There’s plenty of good music still being made.

It’s just that the mainstream TV and Radio stations don’t give them any airtime.
          This right here. They'd rather mostly play this processed bull****e mostly instead. Reminds me of that scene in Airheads when a rock band takes a radio station hostage and Steve Buscemi looks through their CDs, asking the station owner why they have so many good songs that they don't play. The boss says then how come they're not tearing up the charts and Buscemi says "cause you don't play them". The industry is unfortunately full of guys like that who just don't get it.

Comment

Popular music today relies very little upon being able to sing or play instruments very well. In truth most of rock and roll is very simplistic music. Chuck Berry became world famous by playing only a handful of chords as one example. However today’s popular music takes things to a ridiculously low level.

Comment

The Femme Fatale...

Comment

I am 50 and have seen tons of live shows. I can tell you right now that since the 80's and early 90's, bands just don't have the talent, especially live.

Here is a couple clips from a great live show I was at in 1987. These guys had real talent. Better Live than anything you will see out there today.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  The Femme Fatale...

Great music... good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    I am 50 and have seen tons of live shows. I can tell you right now that since the 80's and early 90's, bands just don't have the talent, especially live.

Here is a couple clips from a great live show I was at in 1987. These guys had real talent. Better Live than anything you will see out there today.

I love going to concerts, been to many myself. I’m your age, and I agree with you completely.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post

I loved Triumph.

Comment

Working...
                      X