No announcement yet.

Kovalev stopped, wonder if GGG is next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big difference between GGG and Kovalev.

We have seen Kovalev hurt before. He was dropped by Darnell Boone in the first fight and visibly hurt by an Andre Ward right hand in the second fight. He also is known not to be the most disciplined fighter in training camp with the drinking and stuff.

We have never seen GGG hurt in a fight to the point where you think he is in danger of getting KO'd or dropped. He may of been stunned a couple of times. He ate Canelo's best shots and didn't even budge. No way he is getting stopped in this fight.

If anything, Canelo will get stopped. GGG is coming in with a purpose. He knows he was robbed first fight. He knows this fight is a must win for him to cement his legacy. Plus he is probably pissed at Canelo for the drug issues and looking to do some damage. The occassion got to him last time. You could tell he was nervous in the early rounds and was not as sharp as usual. I think he will be switched on from Round 1, go to the body more and cut off the ring. Late stoppage win for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
      We'll at least see GGG get dropped in this fight, and he's definitely losing.
      Oh, hell just cancel the fight then since you already somehow magically know Canelo will win. Never mind that GGG is a 9 to 5 betting favorite to win. What do pro oddsmakers know compared to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
        After the Kovalev fight I had a weird flash thought of what if canelo somehowpulls off a stoppage and GGG hits the canvas for the first time. If that was to happen sadly everyone on the GGG bandwagon would jump off and say he was a bum the whole time smh
        One boxer from that part of the world loses a fight by KO and therefore all boxers from that part of the world will get knocked out. How can anyone argue with logic like that. Of course all GGG fans will jump off the bandwagon and say he was a bum the whole time because all GGG fans think exactly alike like programmed robots.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
          I know that is possible, but just my two cents: Kovalev seemed far more vulnerable far more often to me. He had at least one amateur leveled-kind-of KO loss on film, I think, where Golovkin didn't. There was more credible talk, I feel, that Kovalev was hurt in sparring than Golovkin. And he seemed shaken up more during fights more than once before Alvarez than Golovkin ever did. There are things that Kovalev does better or arguably does better, but I was always more inclined to think Kovalev could get stopped in his division than Golovkin in his. Golovkin rarely seems to even fight with slight concern. Maybe going to Alvarez's body or being more jab-oriented with Lemieux, but mostly all you see from him is a nod when he's smashed flush in the face. Kovalev looks like he knows he better be careful even in his match with Hopkins, to me. Just my opinion. Much more trust in Golovkin's chin and body.
          GGG has absolutely never suffered a KO loss or a knock down in any fight, amateur or pro. In fact he has never even been hurt much or in trouble. Canelo has a great chin too and has never been knocked down.

Comment

Yes, he has an eastern sounding name so naturally he will now get stopped. Its like everyone with the same star sign has the exact same events happen to them, we all know this.. "They all look the same", the world view of a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              One boxer from that part of the world loses a fight by KO and therefore all boxers from that part of the world will get knocked out. How can anyone argue with logic like that. Of course all GGG fans will jump off the bandwagon and say he was a bum the whole time because all GGG fans think exactly alike like programmed robots.
              Here we have a Russian who is currently living in Big Bear meeting a Mexican.

Comment

Kovalev hasn't been the most disicplined boxer and i think it might have cost him. He's had issues with booze , i highly doubt GGG would do that to himself. He's fitter and still very strong.

Comment

I don't see it. Golovkin is better conditioned and mentally stronger.

Comment

Hell yeah. First Cryvalev, next lil g. After that, H0mochenko, then U-sick. Knocking them punk ass white boys off one by one

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
                      After the Kovalev fight I had a weird flash thought of what if canelo somehowpulls off a stoppage and GGG hits the canvas for the first time. If that was to happen sadly everyone on the GGG bandwagon would jump off and say he was a bum the whole time smh
                      He dont drink Vodka so wont be the same

Comment

Working...
                      X