No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    Damn I am kind of overwhelmed by the number of biased people in one thread. GGG clearly won that but one thing is clear: black Americans still make up the majority of boxing fans in the U.S., and a significant percentage of them are extremely biased along racial lines. GGG won this fight clearly.
    really.. how did you figure that out? judging by the schedules of major fights boxing's biggest fanbase in the U.S. is Hispanic, mainly Mexico and P.R.

so let me get this right any black person that says Jacobs won has to be racist towards the Asian GGG?

Jacobs won that fight. period. I picked GGG going in. nothing racial just my scorecard. I watched the fight with foreign commentary to not poison myself listening to HBO.

if you thought GGG won, cool. but don't accuse others of racism for having a different score.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
      How do you know the offer isnt there? They called you and told youpersonally? Your black fighter lost to a white figher. Get over it you dumb ****ing racist idiot.
      Now black people are the racist ones... Racism is now considered an equal opportunity phenomenon? I'll buy that when black people can do the same thing to whites as whites have done to blacks. But you'rewelcome to your Fox News fantasy. I hope it makes you feel good.

Comment

• Against Brook Golovkin was too aggressive to the point of being reckless, but against Jacobs was not quite aggressive enough. Great performance from Jacobs but Golovkin did edge it. Jacobs isn't going to get an immediate rematch so it is time for him to move up to 168 unless Canelo comes calling.

Comment

• So almost every sports journo and the judges were on the take? Boxingscene, The Gaurdian, Bad left hook, The Bleacher report, Espn, LA Times all had Golovkin winning a close decsion. CBS and The Telegraph had it as a Draw. USA Today had it 115-113 to Jacobs and Bloody Elbow had it 114-113 Jacobs...

Comment

• GGG won clearly via 7-5, I think 2 of those scorecards were spot on. Jacobs deserves a lot of respect for actually punching with GGG at times and winning rounds...but that's all he did. He won rounds. He did not win the fight. GGG at timesl ooked too relaxed and I think he was pretty comfortable after having won the majority of the first 7 rounds (had him winning 5-2).

Solid effort by Jacobs but nothing more, hardly GGGs toughest fight considering Brook caused more damage and Lem seemed to hit harder. But Jacobs has a solid chin.

Comment

• Good fight! Jacobs didn't put enough downstairs in the early rounds! He was the fresher fighter in the championship rounds, but he didn't do enough early, and the early KD won the fight for GGG! I am convinced that Lara would school GGG! Jacobs did well in the southpaw stance, but he's not as quick as Lara! GGG vs. Lara! Make it happen!

Comment

• Quote:
                Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Most say Jacobs won. You're outnumbered bubba. Sorry, them's the breaks. The boxing people have spoken.

Hopefully we get Canelo/GGG now, then Jacobs/GGG rematch.... since GGG loses belts to Canelo no doubt.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                I also had the impression that Jacobs won...

... But now I saw the CompuBox punch stats:

Punch Stats
                PUNCHES GOLOVKIN JACOBS
                Landed 231 175
                Thrown 615 541
                Percent 38% 32%
                -- Courtesy of CompuBox
                Yes I see that now. Have to watch it again I guess. Either way, still very impressed with Jacobs effort.

Comment

• what was the punch stat? seemed like Jacobs outlanded GGG with a good margin

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Most say Jacobs won. You're outnumbered bubba. Sorry, them's the breaks. The boxing people have spoken.

Hopefully we get Canelo/GGG now, then Jacobs/GGG rematch.... since GGG loses belts to Canelo no doubt.

Yes I see that now. Have to watch it again I guess. Either way, still very impressed with Jacobs effort.
                    that is mind blowing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                      One of THE great misinterpretations of boxing is that you cannot out-box someone on the front foot. Out-boxing seems to be something that can only be done on the backfoot.

Danny's strategy was to survive and flurry. Golovkin's strategy was to control the fight. Whilst he was below-par, he still controlled the fight. His defence was on point - and he didn't even have to run or circle the ring to do it.
                      Right... And Jacobs also moved very well and switched -- he left the impression that he strategically controlled the fight... GGG's jab was ineffective while Jacobs was in southpaw stance... GGG looked clueless at times -- which didn't happen since he's fighting in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                      X