No announcement yet.

"false" records - where Boxrec doesn't tell the story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "false" records - where Boxrec doesn't tell the story

Derek Chisora is now 26-7. There's a pretty solid argument for him being 28-5, but even that record looks pretty unimpressive and doesn't really tell the story of a guy who's always tried to fight the best and given big scares to Haye and Vitali.

What other boxers have records that don't feel reflective of their careers?

What scare did he give to Haye or Vitali???

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      What scare did he give to Haye or Vitali???
      At times he had Haye running and blowing out of his arse. Haye arguably still won every round and came through with the big KO but I haven't seen another heavyweight not named Wladimir Klitschko make him look so uncomfortable. He was worried.

He actually took rounds off Vitali. That hardly ever happened. I'm not one of the people who had him winning but he got a lot closer than most.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez record. He's been robbed plenty of times in his boxing career starting in the freddie norwood fight.

Comment

Haye was definitely blowing out his arse against Del Boy before he smashed him to bits I agree.

Seems a bit odd to say seeing as how definitive the KO was but Haye was drowning a bit. That fight just goes to show just how powerful David Haye is.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
            At times he had Haye running and blowing out of his arse. Haye arguably still won every round and came through with the big KO but I haven't seen another heavyweight not named Wladimir Klitschko make him look so uncomfortable. He was worried.

He actually took rounds off Vitali. That hardly ever happened. I'm not one of the people who had him winning but he got a lot closer than most.
            Haye beat the living **** out of him man 2 times..

Comment

Boxrec tells the story well enough with the info they give. It shows the caliber of guys fought. It tells the close fights. They even give details on pundits scores in their notes sections or the general feeling on the outcome.

I believe some fans are the ones who don't consider the story of a boxers record. The close fights, the robberies. Plus other things that don't reflect themselves to a boxers record like taking fights on late notice, going into a fight with an injury or getting an injury in a fight or just generally not being as ready or as in shape for a fight as they could be that may or may not be their own fault but still insures that a fight doesn't represent the boxer at their best possible talent & skill despite being a representation of the person as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                Haye beat the living **** out of him man 2 times..
                he only fought chisora once

you're thinking of fury v chisora, which is plain embarrassing for a "boxing fan"

how much more must I humiliate you?

I guess you probably forget after you get high all that time

Comment

btw agreed with op, boxrec is only good for looking at someones record but not really understanding it

I think a similar fighter to Chisora is British domestic highlight reel, Derry Matthews

Comment

he beat helenius and whyte so yeah 28-5. record aient too bad considering he's been in with everyone...

Comment

Working...
                    X