No announcement yet.

Al Haymon does NOT build stars!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
    Exibit A: Peter Quillin. Every youtube video has negative votes and all his hype is gone. Casual fans don't care because he doesnt even look great in showcase fights. Hardcore fans realize they are being fed bullsh-t.

What stars has Al Haymon actually built? Remember Broner was supposed to be on PPV but that was canceled due to poor fan reaction before he lost.

Seems to me all Al Haymon does is lose Showtime money. Can you honestly believe Showtime makes the money back that they pay Peter?

If the trend continues boxing is going to be in real bad shape.
    Nobody said he does...

Comment

still waiting on that source or any piece of fact you have about Showtime losing money...

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
        YEah all my mma posts are bashing GBP and praising TR. You have no idea who i am. Now f-ck off out of this thread it's not about Pac you f-cking ******.
        I asked your source because I've only seen this from a special level of moronic posters, so for you to take this and run with it says very little of you. Even if Showtime were losing money (which I very much doubt) they could see some value in this. Clothing retailers on 5th Avenue in NYC keep those stores open despite taking losses year after year. Why do they do that? They do that because they feel having a store in such a prestigious shopping district gives their product more recognition. This is called building brand equity. So even if Showtime were hemorrhaging money, they could view it as an attempt to elevate their brand past their main competitor (HBO).

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          still waiting on that source or any piece of fact you have about Showtime losing money...
          It's tiring to say the least, just like them saying that May vs Guerrero was a flop at 900000 ppvs or that showtime is losing their ass off... Unless you're an insider, work there I think it's better to not say anything. Like why would I even open my mouth with an opinion about something know nothing about?? Smh it takes a lot of nerve to say state something as fact and not know the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterclass775 View Post
            It's tiring to say the least, just like them saying that May vs Guerrero was a flop at 900000 ppvs or that showtime is losing their ass off... Unless you're an insider, work there I think it's better to not say anything. Like why would I even open my mouth with an opinion about something know nothing about?? Smh it takes a lot of nerve to say state something as fact and not know the facts.
            And in what world is 900000 ppvs a flop

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              I asked your source because I've only seen this from a special level of moronic posters, so for you to take this and run with it says very little of you. Even if Showtime were losing money (which I very much doubt) they could see some value in this. Clothing retailers on 5th Avenue in NYC keep those stores open despite taking losses year after year. Why do they do that? They do that because they feel having a store in such a prestigious shopping district gives their product more recognition. This is called building brand equity. So even if Showtime were hemorrhaging money, they could view it as an attempt to elevate their brand past their main competitor (HBO).
              Truth^^^^ right there

Comment

Of course he doesnt, he isnt a promoter.

Whats next? Bob Arum doesnt build stadiums?

Comment

It's not his job to build stars. It's his job to put them in the best positions to be built and make the most money. He does that very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                    Of course he doesnt, he isnt a promoter.

Whats next? Bob Arum doesnt build stadiums?
                    Yep you're right. He is signing all those fighters for nothing. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      How is Showtime losing money?? where did you get this from??? did they post an article??or do you have inside info?
                      Oh nooo larrryyyy someone said showtime is losing money, it is only a matter of time until someone says something bad about mayweather, you better get in full defensive mode as quick as possible to prepare for the onslaught~!

Comment

Working...
                      X