No announcement yet.

The Worst Champions in History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Champions in History

So, in relation to the four main sanctioning bodies, who are the worst champions?

My nomination is Charles Martin. He won the vacant IBF title against Glazkov (a barely world class opponent). He earned his shot by fighting the dangerous Sandez and Dallas. That is sarcasm. He would go onto defend his title once, in a one sided drugging against AJ. Hopefully this is the end of his story.

Runner up:

- Liam Smith WBO Light Middleweight Title

The likes of Wilder are lucky to get away with it scott free but if I was making a top 10, he would be in it for sure.

I'd say Charles Martin is a level below even Liam Smith.

Comment

Carlos Baldomir.

Comment

valdemir pereira. won vacant ibf featherweight title from phaphrakorb rakkiatgym, then lost it by DQ to eric aiken a couple fights later. aiken was also a crap champion who went on to lose all of his fights after winning that title.

Comment

Adrien Broner....is the worst 4 division champion I can think of... not exactly an answer to your question but Broner being a 4 division champion is indicative of how much of a joke boxing is with its divisions and multiple sanctioning bodies/belts.

Comment

worst to watch at least, Sven Ottke.

Comment

Bum squad Wilder!

Comment

Carlos Molina.

Comment

Wilder until he proves otherwise. Making a mockery of the best title in world sport by fighting nobodies. At least Charles Martin and Liam Smith tested themselves against top opposition.

Comment

One need look no further than Sonny Boy Jaro for the worst champion in recent history. He and Charles Martin can have it out for worst of the worst.

Comment

Working...
                    X