No announcement yet.

Ward Is Not Winning Another Close Dec By Illegal Tactics. He's A Disgrace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    well you all know what i think of wards 'style' its hideous to watch and largely illegal. however i hope you and others arent pinning your hopes on the rematch being revenge for the first fight. I think it will probably be even closer as kovalev caught him by suprise in the first few rounds, ward will be more wary. I think you are going to see the most negative version of ward yet, and its going to be very close either way in a fight thats an absolute stinker. Maybe i will change my mind but i think this time ward will win in a close, but not controversial decision. I just dont see what adjustments kovalev will make.

I do agree to an extent. I'm the one that wrote Holyfield/Tyson is the closest proximity of Ward/Kova 2.

HOWEVER, Holyfield's entire career wasn't built on the headbutts and clinching. he had some great wars. We have Ward here who built his entire career on it illegal tactics.

I believe the sport of boxing is going to turn on Ward in this fight. They simply can't allow this. Johnny Hendricks was a fighter who did the wall and stall then lay and pray for many fights to close decisions. but MMA saw that it wasn't good for business. Guess what eventually they gave the decision to Lawler when it looked like a typical Hendricks wall and stall win. Then again they gave the decision to Neil Magny when Hendricks imposed his lay and pray +wall and stall.

What Hendricks did wasn't even illegal in MMA. However as Dana White said, "You can't win a fight trying to stall action"

the sport can't survive rewarding this type of buffoonery.

I just don't believe Ward is getting another decision. the fans are catching onto his entire strategy too. it's a house of cards. all his most important skills are completely illegal

Comment

yup the trilogy angle is also good. it's $$$$$$$$$

boxing is a sport that wants to survive and make money. they will award Kov if this fight goes to a decision.

trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
        Setting up for a third clash is your thinking, I assume?
        Wouldn't mind seeing it a third time If it is truly a close fight this time round.
        It will be interesting to see what Kovalev does differently, will he go out for the kill, will he be better conditioned to last through the last half of the fight, could be FOTY candidate If both play their part.
        Possibly but I just think with the backlash of the last one if its close it will go to Kovalev.

I agree I think Kovalev will be more aggressive this time

Comment

NSB has entered the era where posters preemptively attack a fighter and make excuses for their guy prior to a fight so when their guy loses they can pretend the other guy isn't better.

This started once Floyd/Manny was signed and has really ramped up for fights like ggg/ Jacobs and kov/ward. We're seeing some of this with Spence/brook as well.

Why do posters do this? It's ok to like a guy but if the other guy is better so what. If you as a fan do a lot of yapping before a fight, be a man afterwards if your guy loses.

Haven't we had enough garbage lately that we don't need to do stuff like this. If Floyd and Ward defeat your favorite guys it shouldn't make you act like a complete and utterly pathetic crybaby.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-16-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              NSB has entered the era where posters preemptively attack a fighter and make excuses for their guy prior to a fight so when their guy loses they can pretend the other guy isn't better.

This started once Floyd/Manny was signed and has really ramped up for fights like ggg/ Jacobs and kov/ward. We're seeing some of this with Spence/brook as well.

Why do posters do this? It's ok to like a guy but if the other guy is better so what. If you as a fan do a lot of yapping before a fight, be a man afterwards if your guy loses.

Haven't we had enough garbage lately that we don't need to do stuff like this. If Floyd and Ward defeat your favorite guys it shouldn't make you act like a complete and utterly pathetic crybaby.

enforcing boxing rules?

Clinching is illegal

holding and hitting is illegal

headbutts are illegal

these are facts. Ward uses all 3 in every fight.

why was he not penalized for intentional headbutting? headlocking? holding and hitting?

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

Kovalev doesn't clinch in his other fights.

of course you can get pics of counter clinching against Ward because Ward is always clinching. all his fights are clinch fests you idiot.

Look I just fought a pic of Vitor Belfort with underhooks on Randy Couture.

That is Vitor's wrestler. Clearly.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPpppppp
                Last edited by HeadShots; 04-16-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Look I just fought a pic of Vitor Belfort with underhooks on Randy Couture.

That is Vitor's strategy. Clearly.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPpppppp

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

Seems to me kov outclassed ward in his own game that's unbelievable

Comment

Ward is a better boxer than kov. If it's not a brawl or ko Ward wins

Comment

Working...
                      X