Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mayweather is not an International Superstar" Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Norway almost nobody has heard of Mayweather, and the few who has, know him as "the guy who fought that asian dude"..

Almost everyone I know knows who McGregor is.

The national newspapers over here cover everything McGregor does and barely anything Mayweather does.

I don't have a horse in this race just stating the facts

Comment

Perfect undercard would be:
      Nate Diaz vs Antonio Margarito
      &
      Roy Jones vs Nick Diaz

The UFC should just take what Floyds offering. Floyds rich already. Mcgregor would have a great career if he only made a quarter of what Floyds worth & hed definitely be the richest mmartist ever.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
        In Norway almost nobody has heard of Mayweather, and the few who has, know him as "the guy who fought that asian dude"..

The national newspapers over here cover everything McGregor does and barely anything Mayweather does.

Nobody gives a **** about Norway. A nothing country.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Perfect undercard would be:
          Nate Diaz vs Antonio Margarito
          &
          Roy Jones vs Nick Diaz

The UFC should just take what Floyds offering. Floyds rich already. Mcgregor would have a great career if he only made a quarter of what Floyds worth & hed definitely be the richest mmartist ever.
          I would only support that undercard if we get to see Mickey Gall vs. Chris Algieri, and Roy Jones faced Jon Bones Jones.

Only then.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            Stack the fk out of cards? Dana does that just about every card. Seems like the norm for the UFC, and one of the many reasons boxing may not be among us in the future. Floyd robbed fans blind
            Why are you acting like I said it was a criticism? You guys and your little forum wars... FFS..
            I like the way they make cards. I don't like boxing ppvs being so expensive for 1 or 2 guys, whether they be Floyd or anyone else.

Doesn't change the facts I stated though. Floyd was able to do amazing numbers by himself. The fans were the ones who made that happen. Might be an inconvenient, or even unpleasant (for some) fact but it's a fact none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Mayweather has over double followers on Twitter and has 4 million more followers on Instagram.

More than likely has a lot more followers on Facebook aswell.

When has McGregor gone to a country like South Africa or Russia etc and got the turn out Mayweather did when he visited those countries?
              Dude has such an issue with Floyd, it's clouded his judgement.

Comment

wgaf ?!?!?! money is all that matters. what good is it to be known if youre broke ?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  Dude has such an issue with Floyd, it's clouded his judgement.
                  He's just a fan of McGregor. I get it, that's how flavours of the month work. He's big at the moment.

Question is for how long? It's only a matter of time before he falls into obscurity. We just watched this same movie with Ronda Rousey.

Floyd's was a big star for a long time man, he was the world's highest earning sports star for quite a few years right? Top 5 for a long time. What's McGregor? #40 or something?

Comment

The key to your post is " Almost everyone I know "
                    which is less than a grain of sand within world opinion !

Comment

That's because Norwegians are racist, close-minded eurosceptics who still think they're Vikings

Comment

Working...
                      X