Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's The Best Boxing Writer For Breaking News?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Dan Rafael is generally unlikeable (don't like the guy myself) but he does break solid info from time to time... seems he has good connections in particular within Top Rank. Agree also with Pugmire (who by far was giving out the best info immediately leading up to May/Pac announcement) and Iole.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Follow boxingscene on twitter
      Yeah, I love BoxingScene for this very reason. Get all my news from here.

I remember when Jin Mosley posted on this site for a couple of days and she described it as a gossip site about boxing

Which is true.

On the whole though, boxing journalism is diabolical. Which in a way forces us to interpret and analyse more deeply ourselves because we're not swayed by a well-written article.

Comment

Ronnie Nathanielsz. He's definitely up there with bathroom graffiti.

Comment

Hougigo is.

Comment

Kellie Seckbach doesnt tweet breaking news. He just uploads a thousand 30 second clips, over and over again.

Clicked on one of his videos a few days back. It was a whole load of journos interviewing Floyd

Ellie steps in to ask a question. Everybody's listening waiting for what he's gna ask...

"Floyd what's your t shirt about, explain it?"

I mean what the f'uck????? What's your t shirt about???

Biggest fight in history, chance to ask a meaningful question to one of the best boxers in history and he asks a f'ucking meaningless pointless inane question about the t shirt he was wearing.

Comment

Rafael gets alot of flack, but the thing that he does (as well as Flattop) is he actually VERIFIES stories before running them. So they might not always get it first, but they usually get it right.

Whereas guys like Elle hear a rumor from one guy who heard it from his drycleaners nephew and he runs it like it was gospel

Comment

Page 1 of boxingscene forums is how I keep up. Let's see Hougigo ,Eastcoast, Mitchell Kane I always click on their threads

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  Hougigo is.
                  I prefer Hectari for his ability to break news on fighters who farts in their team's faces and trainers who inappropriately eat scrumptious tacos during camp

Comment

Page 1 of boxingscene forums is how I keep up

This is true for me also.

Love logging onto boxing scene everyday.

Comment

the problem with Fat Dan is that he's more interested in that jelly donut next to his mousepad than breaking news. i'm sure he does have sources.

Comment

Working...
                      X