Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Mayweather Ducking Margarito Bother Mayweather Fans So MUCH?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Mayweather Ducking Margarito Bother Mayweather Fans So MUCH?

I mean he went on to become the greatest fighter of this era.

Went on to become the the highest paid athlete.

but for some reason every few months the BOOGEYMAN Margarito wakes up the floyd fans in their dreams and they start all these slick Margarito threads.

Why does this fact bother them so much?

Do they personally wish he would have faced Margarito and did to margarito what mosley did?

why does almost 10 years later those this fight still haunt them?

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
    I mean he went on to become the greatest fighter of this era.

Went on to become the the highest paid athlete.

but for some reason every few months the BOOGEYMAN Margarito wakes up the floyd fans in their dreams and they start all these slick Margarito threads.

Why does this fact bother them so much?

Do they personally wish he would have faced Margarito and did to margarito what mosley did?

why does almost 10 years later those this fight still haunt them?
    Keep on dreaming Donkey show.

Comment

Mayweather in hind sight made the correct choice in not fighting Margachito. Margachito could have ruined his career with his cement hands.

After getting caught with cement bricks Margachito lost 3 of 6 fights. Got mopped by an older Mosley, Lost an EYEball to Pacquiao, and got a boxing clinic by Cotto. Please dont ever mention that disgrace again in the same sentence with great fighters and what coulda and shouda been.

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
        Mayweather in hind sight made the correct choice in not fighting Margachito. Margachito could have ruined his career with his cement hands.

After getting caught with cement bricks Margachito lost 3 of 6 fights. Got mopped by an older Mosley, Lost an EYEball to Pacquiao, and got a boxing clinic by Cotto. Please dont ever mention that disgrace again in the same sentence with great fighters and what coulda and shouda been.
        Tony couldn't even hit Mosely

Floyd would have made Tony look like he was fighting underwater.

Loaded gloves don't improve accuracy....

You best believe Floyd's camp would have busted him just like Shane's camp busted him.

Comment

It's annoying as a Mayweather fan because it would gave been a good scalp. That said, it's not the end of the world.

I'm more annoyed that he swerved Johnston.

Comment

Remember when Gamboa creeped up on Mikey Garcia and Garcia said ''you gotta speak to my promoter...''

Garcia was shook.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              It's annoying as a Mayweather fan because it would gave been a good scalp. That said, it's not the end of the world.

I'm more annoyed that he swerved Johnston.
              A WBO scalp?

Nah

Floyd would get scalped by the media for not fighting Baldomir.

Brian Kenny said Floyd was going to duck Baldomir.

Floyd swerved Johnston

You mean lil Stevie?

C'mon now

Comment

Because Mayweather never ducked Margarito.

He went to his promoter at the time, Arum, and asked for 3 fights in addition to 'Cheato:

The reason Mayweather opted for the buyout rather than waiting for the May 6 result was because the contract had a limited window for the buyout, one that expired before the De La Hoya fight. However, Arum said he would have extended the window if Mayweather had asked. What Arum wouldn't do, he said, was raise the guarantees for other fights outlined in the contract.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2420382

Only the ignorant, or fanboy haters continue to say Mayweather ducked Margarito...

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  A WBO scalp?

Nah

Floyd would get scalped by the media for not fighting Baldomir.

Brian Kenny said Floyd was going to duck Baldomir.

Floyd swerved Johnston

You mean lil Stevie?

C'mon now
                  I get that Baldomir made sense for the Lineage but Margarito would havd been the way better win.

Floyd did turn down Johnston though. That would have been a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    Remember when Gamboa creeped up on Mikey Garcia and Garcia said ''you gotta speak to my promoter...''

Garcia was shook.
                    You trying to make WarMikey have a hoe stroke.

Mikey ducked the **** outta' Gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                    X