No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: Alvarez Must Beat Bute To Earn His Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    the wbc never forced the issue and he never asked them too he asked for step up fights not adonis...do your research..he wanted pascal or bute before adonis
    i kind of figured this.

Alvarez is trying to maximize his earnings. Winnable fight against Bute who will provide a nice check.

Arent Adonis and Eleider promoted by the same outfit? probably their call anyways. maxes their profits too.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
      i kind of figured this.

Alvarez is trying to maximize his earnings. Winnable fight against Bute who will provide a nice check.

Arent Adonis and Eleider promoted by the same outfit? probably their call anyways. maxes their profits too.
      i didnt find out who the mastermind was..all i know that the fight was supposedly offered to pascal as well..

Comment

middle of 2016 alvarez was asking for fights that got him ready for stevenson..and he struggled..he asked for tune ups after that..stevenson ws ready to fight him in late 2016..he's just patient enough for the young man to get his feet wet like he's been asking to do..if he beats bute if just makes the fight larger and better for both..

i gave a valid money issue..and kov is much better than cnaelo..everyone seems to side with ggg and he's turning down 15m..aldons turned down 14.9 million less than that after 3 ko's of top ten light hws and ppl bashed him...if u dont like the fact i dgaf u cant tell me it isnt a fact so keep fuggin pouting bet accept dude

dumbarse hopkins was the reason steveson went to showtime..hopkins was a golden boy fighter fightin on showtime just like canelo...showtime paid stevenson more to come unify in a 3 fght deal than hbo did when hbo refused to spend an extra 100k...hopkins didnt sign his deal and left stevenson in the cold...and it was a us and canadian ppv deal...he went to hbo to lose on regular hbo for less money after saying "no white boy will beat me"....go do your research dog
        Dumbarse Hopkins?
        Him and Kovalev actually want to unify and did. Stevenson just talks. Kovalev, Hopkins and Pascal all say the same thing about Stevenson.

The racial comment happened before Hopkins fought Calzaghe lol

I was around when these events occurred I don't need to do research lol
        Thats projection, you do research before you hit NSB like a true Johnny come lately.
        Last edited by KeyboardWarrior; 01-10-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
          Dumbarse Hopkins?
          Him and Kovalev actually want to unify and did. Stevenson just talks. Kovalev, Hopkins and Pascal all say the same thing about Stevenson.

The racial comment happened before Hopkins fought Calzaghe lol

I was around when these events occurred I don't need to do research lol
          Thats projection, you do research before you hit NSB like a true Johnny come lately.
          like i fuggin said showtime confirmed they offered hopkins a deal he couldnt refuse..us/canadian ppv and a huge crowd in canada..and bhop knows all about those crowds he wont he fougth pascal there...

bhop ran to hbo to get canelo and golden girl promotions back to safety after 2 too close for comfort fights with haymon's 154lbers..

stevenson literally went to showtime and was paid big money by showtime bc they fully expected hopkins to respect lineage and go for a stevenson ring and wbc title...hopkins ran right to the media to explain his actions and refused to speak on the deal that espinoza claimed was too good for him to turn down..

johnny come lately my foot..just a johnny that knew the truth and saw u fools stacking up and bashing the wrong man..
          http://www.boxingscene.com/stevenson...on-deal--76356
          that's a link of hbo lying to you and being exposed by email proof that boxingscene obtained...but keep being a dummy tho..i guess

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
            Hopkins could both fight on HBO and Showtime, especially when GBP was still in good terms with Espinoza, who actually promised Adonis that he will get Hopkins eventually just to reassure him he won't regret leaving HBO. Turned out that Stevenson didn't even want Hopkins.
            na it turns not that stevenson signed his deal he didnt need any more negotiating..his 3 fight deal was done dude...all they needee was hopkins to play ball ona deal that S.E, said hopkins couldnt refuse...be real he took canelo back over to hbo with that split..got him away from those dangerous 154lbers that showtime have...and canelo's been fighting cupcakes like cotto every since..cott is a nme but be real he's ducking everybody

Comment

is it karpency's fault he did more than all 3 of theose guys when he outboxed dawson on showtime??

smith jr wasnt even in the loop then dude, fonfara turned the fight down due to haymon not paying as much no more, and beterbiev was injured and even when not injured he doesnt call stevenson out..he wants the ibf belt..that's all he talks about..
              you don't have to call someone out to fight them. The Williams fight was ok but we need stevensons to fight kovey, ward, fonfara rematch, joe smith jr, alvarez/bute winner etc that is what will keep up our interest. maybe badou jack moves up after the degale fight. that would be good too

Comment

funny how ppl are all of a sudden alvarez fans..when last year i said adonis should have a top ten mando soon and everybody said "who tf is alvarez...wtf did he ever do"
                lol...blind haters..
                I'm not an Alvarez fan or a blind hater of Adonis. Alvarez is a top ten LHW until proven otherwise and has been the mandatory for Stevenson for over a year. It is reasonable to expect Adonis to fight him. If his mandatory was another fighter in that tier of talent, I would say the same thing. I named about 6 fighters that are all reasonable fights if Ward or Kovalev can't happen. Fighting once a year against mediocre competition should not be the standard for a titleholder in any division. It is what it is, but boxing fans should demand more from him.

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                Williams would maybe be too much for Alvarez... Alvarez took the Bute fight strickly for $$$, nothing else... They are confident they'll go through Bute and raise the TV value for the Stevenson fight...

Also, Beterbiev's goal was always the Kovalev's belts first. No need to fight a stable mate when 3 of them were up for grab... And Beterbiev never ducked Kovalev... GYM did, and with good reasons then...
                Fair points, but my problem is more about Adonis. There are better fighters that he should be fighting. Also, he should be more active. There are 8 or 9 decent options of fighters and he hasn't fought any of them, including someone who has been his mandatory for over a year. He has been fighting only once a year against competition that is clearly below him. It's time for boxing fans to demand better, especially if he is going to pop off at the mouth claiming to be the best at 175 because he holds a lineal title.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  you don't have to call someone out to fight them. The Williams fight was ok but we need stevensons to fight kovey, ward, fonfara rematch, joe smith jr, alvarez/bute winner etc that is what will keep up our interest. maybe badou jack moves up after the degale fight. that would be good too
                  1 kovey: ducked the purse bid, ducked asking hbo to work alongside showtime to make the ppv bigger and less costly for hbo right after ggg had flopped...also stevenson asked hbo for only 100k to stay on the network and he wouldnt have even talked to showtime...NOT HIS FAULT..D

2. WARD: JUST BECAME A LHW...every time they mention stevenson he says nothing like I WANT TO FIGHT HIM...the guy is talkin about retiring and stevenson hs been calling him out every since he ko'd dawson...

3. fonfara: was offerd the rematch after clearly losing the first fight and only winning 3 rounds with a knockdown...when he got the offer he demanded more money. MOST GUYS DONT GET SHOTS JUST BC THEY WON 3 ROUNDS...MOST GUYS DONT GET 2 SHOTS AT A LINEAL TITLE EVER...LET ALONE IN LESS THAT 2 YEARS...he went on to get ko'd bc the boxing god's dont like a fool asking for more money to challenge for the best belt in the division THE LINEAL TITLE

4. joe sith jr is in play for april 29..he just has to not price himself out like fonfara did...stevenson doesnt owe these challengers a thing..HE HAS THE PRIZE THEY WANT! overpyaing them proves they are scared to earn it the right way..HE'S TOO DAMN DANGEROUS

5. bute/alvarez winner will get there shot...but alvarez has requested that this fight with stevenson sit on ice until he gets better by his own admission.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                    I'm not an Alvarez fan or a blind hater of Adonis. Alvarez is a top ten LHW until proven otherwise and has been the mandatory for Stevenson for over a year. It is reasonable to expect Adonis to fight him. If his mandatory was another fighter in that tier of talent, I would say the same thing. I named about 6 fighters that are all reasonable fights if Ward or Kovalev can't happen. Fighting once a year against mediocre competition should not be the standard for a titleholder in any division. It is what it is, but boxing fans should demand more from him.
                    many guys only had one fight in 2016 bc pbc and nbc canceled some dates to push the to 2017,.he wants 3 fights this year..and remember in 2016 alvarez said he wanted tune ups and got just that..if he wanted the fight in 2016 it would have taken place likely on a spike card.

Comment

Working...
                    X