Originally posted by McKay
      Its just dehydratation and rehydration.
      what he said

Comment

lol, or Lasix!

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceman
          gain so much weight overnight?
          They gain the weight in about 30-36 hours, bc they weigh-in the morning before the fight and fight the next day at night. If you dont eat or consume fluids the day prior to the weigh in, then rest and eat high caloric foods after the weigh in, you can easily gain 10-15 pounds. Losing more than that is usually done in the sauna or steam room on a bike and with a sweat suit.

Ive seen boxers cutting weight, and the day prior they will only drink water if they are extremely thirsty and they drink one cap(not cup) of water at a time.

Comment

You can gain water weight back pretty quickly. I wrestled and in morning weight-ins you see a lot of thirsty guys. It was pretty common for guys to gain 5%-7% of there body weight in just a morning from the weight-in to the time you actually have to wrestle. i.e. I could put on 8lbs after weigh-ins just by eating a sandwhich and drinking a couple of liters of water in about 2-3 hours.

I can understand why it is even more drastic with Fighters since they have 24+ hours to recover they can suck more weight and still be in fighting shape the next day after rehydrating. In wrestling if you cut as much weight as some boxers do you wouldn't be able to affectively perform with only a few hours of recovery time...especially in a tournament or individual city or state championships where you have multiple matches fairly close to one another.

Thats why you see many fighters puting on 10%-12% of there body weight on after weight-in.

Comment

They take diuretics to dry out, then regain the water by drinking and eating.

Comment

i like how mayweather stays the same weight he was the night before haha owned

Comment

Originally posted by mayweather
                  i like how mayweather stays the same weight he was the night before haha owned

so that could be why hes starting to look like **** in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity
                    so that could be why hes starting to look like **** in the ring
                    yeah its jsut too bad hes beaten everyone so far decisevly except maybe castillo in their first fight so u can shut the **** up hahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X