Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Craziest Thing You Have Seen In The Gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Craziest Thing You Have Seen In The Gym?

Any interesting stories about trainers or boxers? Anything like crazy sparring wars or gym tales? Gym drama or things of that nature?

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    Any interesting stories about trainers or boxers? Anything like crazy sparring wars or gym tales? Gym drama or things of that nature?
    I forget who the boxer was, but he was scheduled to fight on ESPN FNF and got jumped by Zab Judah and two of his brothers, because he beat the crap out of one of Judah's younger brothers in sparring.

Comment

Not exactly about people.But in my area, there's like this independent gym where only a few people go to. But most of them use the threadmill and the bench press equipment barely get used. Tried to use once and I see a small tiny plant growing out of a small hole on the bench press since nobody uses it.Truly a miracle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lackluster View Post
        Not exactly about people.But in my area, there's like this independent gym where only a few people go to. But most of them use the threadmill and the bench press equipment barely get used. Tried to use once and I see a small tiny plant growing out of a small hole on the bench press since nobody uses it.Truly a miracle lol.
        That's truly insane. Unbelievable. Sounds like a **** gym.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I forget who the boxer was, but he was scheduled to fight on ESPN FNF and got jumped by Zab Judah and two of his brothers, because he beat the crap out of one of Judah's younger brothers in sparring.
          Zab was legit crazy. I remember an old video of him from like 2005 shot on a Moterola Razr.

Dudes in South Beach Miami with a group of about 2 dozen people, all wearing white tees, and he's shooting dice on the streets. He gets into a scrap with another guy. End with Zab looking at the camera going, "Zab Judah, pound for pound the best."

The funniest part was they were all wearing white tees. All of them.

Comment

Twas 4 years ago... A hot summer... My first ever trainer was a bodybuilder muay thai instructor, bcz I couldn't find any boxing gyms. So, you know they like to wear real short and flashy trunks. Being a bodybuilder, he was looking scary enough with huge biceps, forearms, dark tanned skin, bald head. Paralyzing me with thigh kicks, slapping me around with pads, yelling, cursing, throwing people around was his way of adjusting the discipline and earning respect and it was working pretty deep well with me. I was shaking, holding my guard up head high even when he was just strolling in the gym, or after the training, during the rest... Because I had resolved that he was not stable, and was totally unpredictable. He could land some heavy punches or kicks on me for lowering my guard, like he did during the training.
            At one moment I got suddenly traumatized... as he was adjusting or putting on his groin protector/cup under the short... his ass... there wasn't any ass. there was two muscles but no ass, his ass was muscle... no ass...
            Last edited by DinoCop; 02-07-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              Zab was legit crazy. I remember an old video of him from like 2005 shot on a Moterola Razr.

Dudes in South Beach Miami with a group of about 2 dozen people, all wearing white tees, and he's shooting dice on the streets. He gets into a scrap with another guy. End with Zab looking at the camera going, "Zab Judah, pound for pound the best."

The funniest part was they were all wearing white tees. All of them.
              They all got banned from Gleasons over the fight, especially since Zabs old brother, the cruiserweight, was throwing punches with bare fists.

Comment

Just simple fights from people who couldn’t handle an a$$ kicking in sparring. I forget a lot because controversy and uncomfortable situations in a boxing gym become comfortable.. that’s how it is as a fighter. So even certain experiences in life that can seem very traumatic to an everyday person just don’t find a holding place in your brain.

I remember some new kid was watching sparring and I guess one guy landed a big shot, and the kid laughed real loud. I looked at him with eyes like sand dollars, then looked over at coach. He didn’t hear it. That was the luckiest day of the kids life.

Comment

Children displaying more courage than grown men.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    Just simple fights from people who couldn’t handle an a$$ kicking in sparring. I forget a lot because controversy and uncomfortable situations in a boxing gym become comfortable.. that’s how it is as a fighter. So even certain experiences in life that can seem very traumatic to an everyday person just don’t find a holding place in your brain.

I remember some new kid was watching sparring and I guess one guy landed a big shot, and the kid laughed real loud. I looked at him with eyes like sand dollars, then looked over at coach. He didn’t hear it. That was the luckiest day of the kids life.
                    What did you do to the kid?

Comment

Working...
                    X