How Bad Is Liquor For Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the info yall

Comment

it makes you fat and its bad for you muscles. it dehydrates you. you might as well reverse your week at the gym if you go out n drink. i drink once ever 6-8 months. i broke my hand a couple months ago, n put on 25 pounds. i can still do mad pullups.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
        obviously, alcohol is never a good thing but how bad would yall say having a couple shots of vodka before i goto sleep is?

after a hard day at work and sparring wars at the gym, i like to unwind with a couple shots of grey goose or patron...i think liquor has less carbs than beer and i really do not feel a hangover the next morning...

any advice/info is appreciated, thanks
        It will get you knocked out easier. Alcohol damages the brain and decreases your shock resistance. That's why drunks get layed out so easily.

Alcoholic is all bad for boxing.

Comment

I'm sure you know alcohol is bad for boxing, and if you have to come here and ask how bad it is to see if you can still get away with doing it... you must not want to go that far in boxing.

Boxers make alot of sacrifices... i'm positive you can give up liquor which will actually benefit you.

Comment

If you're gonna drink, follow Ricky Hatton's approach: just get hammered when not training and it's not gonna affect your performance and you can enjoy it.

Going to the gym the day after a few drinks is horrible, even if you don't get hammered, still makes you sluggish & not sharp, not good for boxing obviously.

I've not had any alcohol in 5 mnths and feel sharp / fast & fitter than ever, but will be drinking in June & July on vacations, when not training daily.

Comment

Switch to chardonnay!!!!!!!

Comment

Try the supplement GABA.

And many people who have trouble going to sleep or staying asleep have sleep apnea. Hopefully not you, but remember this.

Comment

Working...
                X