No announcement yet.

David Haye vs Henry Cooper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    yes Ruiz was in loads of snoozers yet i cannot recall one of them being as bad as Haye vs Valuev... Haye only threw 7 punches in 12rds and got the decision for refusing to engage the big guy in a boxing match, Ruiz mostly threw at least twice that number of punches in his fights.. and dont forget Ruiz fought Valuev twice and was robbed
    I always felt sorry for Ruiz, he was boring but the things the magazines used to write about him were really harsh! He had a big heart was proper tough and he was fit, he also hit harder than people thought. He was *****e tho lol

Comment

Haye's fight with Valuev was 2nd only to Haye vs Harrison as the worst fights in Heavyweight history
      It's difficult to pick from garbage, but Valuev-Holyfield was probably the worst heavyweight fight I've ever seen. Absolutely nothing happened for 12 rounds. Haye/Harrison didn't even last three rounds, so it wasn't that bad.

Comment

Haye's fight with Valuev was 2nd only to Haye vs Harrison as the worst fights in Heavyweight history
        I take it you haven't seen Byrd vs Williamson or Wlad vs Ibragimov. They were much worst.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
          I take it you haven't seen Byrd vs Williamson or Wlad vs Ibragimov. They were much worst.

Where you been man? You use to post in here regularly, now you only post here once every blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
            your correct i aint seen those fights

Comment

your correct i aint seen those fights
              Wlad/Ibragimov pretty much sums up HW boxing in the last 5-6 years,you are lucky not too have seen it

Comment

Cooper wasn't bad at all, decent fighter but I'd expect Haye to be too big and fast and probably of a higher calibre also. Cooper may have a punchers chance though. But do keep in mind that the Ali he dropped was only 21 years old, still a relatively green pro.

Comment

cooper would get schooled

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Where you been man? You use to post in here regularly, now you only post here once every blue moon.
                    lol my job just completely took all my time away for the past year or so because i had gotten more hours. Now i finally have time to get on here regularly since i only do part time now. Its good to be back (in the history section at least lol).

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                      Cooper wasn't bad at all, decent fighter but I'd expect Haye to be too big and fast and probably of a higher calibre also. Cooper may have a punchers chance though. But do keep in mind that the Ali he dropped was only 21 years old, still a relatively green pro.
                      I don't give Cooper much of a chance. Haye is bigger and faster than Cooper. What was Cooper's advantage? He fought better fighters, but his "name" fighters Ali, Patterson and Mildenberger came after he was 30 (thank you boxrec). A 30 year old Cooper fought better fighters than has Haye, but not that much better to give him an advantage for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X