• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol Jleon love thoughts on Eubank sr

http://youtu.be/pL1euPAnzGM

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I didn't catch any of the undercards but the main event was a big letdown. Chisora was his usually self - one dimensional come-forward fight on inside kind of guy. I didn't expect anything more from him.

However, Tyson Fury fought such an uninspiring lackadaisical and boring fight. He fought flat footed, flicked the jab without any real conviction and was content on sleep walking through the fight. I've heard some posters here say "he boxed brilliantly and such." He boxed like it was a sparring match.

I would've like to seen Fury fight with a little more urgency, intent and explosiveness. He was landing at will but his offensive was any but "explosive," it was more like a slow burn.
      I'm with you in that I don't think Chisora looked that different to what we've seen, but Fury was just very cautious.

He did box well, his footwork and defense looked sound, but there were lots of times that I thought he should have just opened up and got Derek out of there.

That said I think Fury vs. Wlad could a veryinteresting match one day. Fury is awkward and gangly but he has decent boxing skills for a man his size (I know others disagree with me), he moves well laterally which is almost unheard of in today's hw division, and he showed great maturity boxing behind the jab and tying up on the inside. Mix that with a touch more aggression and mustard on his shots and we have a pretty good challenger for the title imo. Wlad still favourite of course

Comment

• I On the Eubank Saunders fight.. Hopefully him and his team realise they need to spend more competitive rounds with decent opposition to work on his fundamentals.

I liked his work on the inside but when there was distance he had no idea how to set up his shots or close the gap.

Saunders has good skills but I really worry about him.as an athlete as he moves up in the division. He looks very weak on the inside, shaky (if not terrible) stamina and has very little power. Perhaps a better s and c coach is needed to bring him to the next level?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I didn't catch any of the undercards but the main event was a big letdown. Chisora was his usually self - one dimensional come-forward fight on inside kind of guy. I didn't expect anything more from him.

However, Tyson Fury fought such an uninspiring lackadaisical and boring fight. He fought flat footed, flicked the jab without any real conviction and was content on sleep walking through the fight. I've heard some posters here say "he boxed brilliantly and such." He boxed like it was a sparring match.

I would've like to seen Fury fight with a little more urgency, intent and explosiveness. He was landing at will but his offensive was any but "explosive," it was more like a slow burn.
          Flat footed would not be how I'd describe Fury n this fight. He looked rather light on his feet at times, and moved well. However, he did look quite heavy at times too - but overall he was not flat footed n this fight.

I thnk he just fought the fight he needed to get rounds in, get back in his groove, and get a comfortable win.

He looked like a guy who is getting better, but hadn't had a meaningful fight in a year and a half.

Was a very good performance for his return to the level where he left off before Haye pussied out.

He's a very versatile boxer for a guy his size.

Comment

• Eubank jr and BJS are on BT sport 2 right now, both in the studio.

Comment

• WAR Fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                X