No announcement yet.

Barenuckle Prizefight vids...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barenuckle Prizefight vids...

I've read that some were recorded, but I can't find any..... need some help.

If you can find some in youtube please post... thanx

no vids or something

Comment

bump.. ...

Comment

bareknuckle boxing in any sort of official or sanctioned capacity predated film and motion pictures

i already responded to your other thread if i remember correctly

you wont find any videos of bareknuckle boxing

you might find a portrait of a bareknuckle fighter, but you wont find any action shots. film with an instant exposure was not developed during that period. any picture that was taken needed to be of a stationary (unmoving) object

you can find people fighting with fists and no gloves on youtube certainly
        they are called streetlights

or if you want to know more about bareknuckle fighters you can read about them
        Last edited by New England; 05-11-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

lol i almost brought up the *****s and the travelers

but i don't know if i want to call that prizefighting and make all the greats turn over in their graves

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              lol i almost brought up the *****s and the travelers

but i don't know if i want to call that prizefighting and make all the greats turn over in their graves
              I only watched a minute or two and just embedded it. These guys are just untrained brawlers. I give them points for toughness, but thats it. Doesn't interest me as a sport in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I only watched a minute or two and just embedded it. These guys are just untrained brawlers. I give them points for toughness, but thats it. Doesn't interest me as a sport in the least.

lol i know what you mean brother. those guys have more guts than devon alexander i reckon

Comment

Here's some unlicensed boxing if you're interested. It's not exactly cricket.

Comment

There are pictures from a couple of John L Sullivans bareknucle fights. These are said to be against Heenan but I'm not convinced. They could be against Kilrain:

There's a lot of famous photos of the last bareknuckle HW championship fight fought under the London ring rules between Sullivans and Jake Kilrain:

Last edited by BattlingNelson; 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X