Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, if any boxer could conquer UFC it’s TBE Money Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    He’s just a talent raw athlete, his ground game would be special and his hand speed speaks for itself. TBE would dominate UFC if he wanted, I don’t see people like Pacquiao or any Mexican fighters having the talent to do so.

Let’s go TBE!
    I think we can all agree that YDKSAUFC.

Comment

For a boxer to beat UFC fighters under UFC rules he needs to win fast before the UFC fighter drags him to the ground where he is out of his element. Give me a one punch KO type of boxer like GGG, Kovalev or Canelo rather than an average puncher like Mayweather. You always say I think we can all agree and I never agree with you. It would help if the boxer had wrestling or judo skills so they would not be so helpless on the ground. Mayweather has neither.

Comment

I’m a huge fan of Floyd as a boxer and truly appreciate his skill in the ring, however I believe he will not do well in mixed martial arts.

Firstly, we learned from the early UFC events that it is easier for a grappler to close the distance and grab the clinch than for a striker with no grappling experience to keep the fight standing, maintain distance, and get the KO. Examples include Arthur Jimmerson vs Royce Gracie or Randy Courture vs James Toney. However, on rare occasions there are exceptions where the striker (with no grappling experience) lands a bomb and gets the KO such as Ray Mercer vs Tim Silvia, but those are not the norm.

Secondly, I believe Floyd’s boxing style would not translate well to MMA. For one, Floyd’s stance is very bladed (i.e sideways). This would make Floyd extremely susceptible to legs kicks which can be thrown just outside of punching range. These kicks can severely reduce the mobility of an opponent and can possibly end the fight. This has been proven in kickboxing organizations (such as K-1) where boxers tried to compete using only theirs hands (see Alexey Ignashov vs Arhur Williams as an example). In addition, Floyd’s shoulder roll may present his back to grapplers which makes him susceptible to be taken down. Furthermore, Floyd has a tendency to clinch which would not play well with grapplers.

Finally, Floyd is going to be 41 years old meaning that his reflexes are slowing down. It also doesn’t help that he has a history of having brittle hands and isn’t known to be a KO-puncher. Now, I’m not saying Floyd doesn’t have a puncher’s chance to win (he does), however, not having power and having weak hands severely reduces the chances of this happening.

Now, if Floyd was much younger and was cross-training in different combat sports, I think we would have a case where he can do well in MMA. However, if he stepped into the octagon with only 6months of training, I can’t see him winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Dabbled as in done 5 classes or less a year? He has no experience at all in any kind of fighting what so ever.

I'm not saying Floyd would fare well in MMA because he wouldn't but the fact he's a professional boxer alone means he'd fare better than CM Punk let alone an ATG boxer.

If you mean actual competitive wrestlers then yes of course they would fare better but pro wrestlers/entertainers wouldn't fare better at all because they don't actually grapple or anything of that nature, a boxer's clinch is more experience than they have.
          The last sentance is absolutely false . Pro Wrestlers are physically strong and while their sport is entertainment ,they are still grapplers and the motions of having to grab , throw and be fluid on the ground would prepare them for MMA .

Boxing clinching would have little effect ,theres more to it than just holding an opponent . When boxers clinch they are usually tied up bc the arms get tangled and are avoiding getting hit , its not a controlling clinch to land knees ,elbows or setting up take downs or pinning someone on the fence and beating them up .

Mayweather would be at a severe strength disadvantage therefore having to rely on technical grappling which would take him years to learn .

The common mistake you guys on here make is you think being a pro boxer or particularly a great boxer transitions into a better MMA fighter . It doesnt work that way ,its who is more adaptable to that kind of fighting .

Ex : Jeremy Williams . HW former fringe contender pro boxer also hold belts in Judo /Jui Jitsu . Went undefeated in MMA in lower tier fights .

CM Punk also lost to a top level up coming younger fighter who was as easy opponent as Punk wanted or UFC was going to give him . I think Punk is not a good PRO fighter in any arena and knew that by seeing his training partners take it easy on him but he did have some martial arts background and grappled , Floyd has elusiveness under boxing rules .

Mayweather simply doesn't have that or PHYSICAL toughness so one cannot use the pro boxer card here and assume he fares better .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-02-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
            And? Knockouts happen sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              The last sentance is absolutely false . Pro Wrestlers are physically strong and while their sport is entertainment ,they are still grapplers and the motions of having to grab , throw and be fluid on the ground would prepare them for MMA .

Boxing clinching would have little effect ,theres more to it than just holding an opponent . When boxers clinch they are usually tied up bc the arms get tangled and are avoiding getting hit , its not a controlling clinch to land knees ,elbows or setting up take downs or pinning someone on the fence and beating them up .

Mayweather would be at a severe strength disadvantage therefore having to rely on technical grappling which would take him years to learn .

The common mistake you guys on here make is you think being a pro boxer or particularly a great boxer transitions into a better MMA fighter . It doesnt work that way ,its who is more adaptable to that kind of fighting .

Ex : Jeremy Williams . HW former fringe contender pro boxer also hold belts in Judo /Jui Jitsu . Went undefeated in MMA in lower tier fights .

CM Punk also lost to a top level up coming younger fighter who was as easy opponent as Punk wanted or UFC was going to give him . I think Punk is not a good PRO fighter in any arena and knew that by seeing his training partners take it easy on him but he did have some martial arts background and grappled , Floyd has elusiveness under boxing rules .

Mayweather simply doesn't have that or PHYSICAL toughness so one cannot use the pro boxer card here and assume he fares better .
              It's not false. They aren't grapplers AT ALL their "grappling " is choreographed. And just because they are strong means little.

Mcgregor said it himself, Floyd has skills from a grappling standpoint. Fighting for position in a clinch in boxing is more than any "grappling" in pro wrestling. A camel clutch isn't grappling.

Boxers would fare better than pro wrestlers solely because they actually fight. That alone makes them fare better.

CM Punk has no fighting experience at all. None what so ever he never had a prayer from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                It's not false. They aren't grapplers AT ALL their "grappling " is choreographed. And just because they are strong means little.

Mcgregor said it himself, Floyd has skills from a grappling standpoint. Fighting for position in a clinch in boxing is more than any "grappling" in pro wrestling. A camel clutch isn't grappling.

Boxers would fare better than pro wrestlers solely because they actually fight. That alone makes them fare better.

CM Punk has no fighting experience at all. None what so ever he never had a prayer from day 1.
                Go too Pro wrestling camp to even watch wha5t they go through then come talk to me , because they do apply effective clinching and maneuvers . Some of the old wrestlers were real Catch wreslers which was the art of hone breaking . Of course you still need ACTUAL training in the arts out side of Pro Wrestling but the foundation is there .

MANY Japanese MMA fighters were PRO wrestlers like Sakuraba who defeated all the Gracies hes faced . Pro wrestling isnt a style in itself but the moves that canbe applied the REAL ones are and resemble Shoot fighting instead which is submission wresting , Ken Shamrocks style and he was a Pro Wrestler before he even entered the UFC in japan.

Strength does mean alot in the MMA fights bc grappling is allowed ,ive been in grappling tournaments anybody trying to tell me otherwise has never grappled bc its a major advantage .

Boxers have the advantage in having been in actual combat but thats about it , if you put a boxer who cant grapple vs a Pro Wrestler who is going to pick up the grappling much better and have it come more natural who do you think will have the advantage ?

Yes some boxers with abilities to adapt the rules of UFC would fare better than some Pro Wrestlers but saying Pro boxers have the advantage just bc they box is a false facade , the individual is fighting not the art that they are fighting in .

McGregor can say what he wants ,he will say anything to get Floyd in the cage ,in reality i know hes chuckled at that thought bc i would .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-02-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Floyd would do it

Comment

Nah, don't think so. Just like Boxing, it takes YEARS to master disciplines like BJJ, grappling, Wrestling, Sprawling, Submissions, getting out of submission, etc. Floyd's a great BOXER but if he walked in the Octagaon even after a year of nothing but MMA training he'd lose to a top 15 guy. It's not a knock on him either but similarly none of us expect Lebron James to go to the MLB even with a year's worth of training and hit off of Clay Kershaw.

Put it this way, before Roy started getting KO'd, I **** you not, there were people GENUINELY thought he could play in the NBA just because he played in a Semi-Pro League the night of a fight he was heavily favored in. But this was also Undefeated Roy who had a "GOD-like" aura similar to what Floyd has today. He could do NO wrong.

Simply put...Floyd LOVES the attention, and it's wild how people don't pick up on the fact that he initiates a lot of this lol. But hey...

Last edited by RL_GMA; 02-12-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

one kick to the thigh would snap his leg in half.

Comment

Working...
                      X