Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia to Face Sergey Lipinets February 10 in San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too easy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      I'm a fan of Crawford but how exact did he dare to be great? He didn't fight murderers row at 140.
      He fought the best in his division at 135 and 140. When has Garcia ever done that in any weight division he has ever fought at. I don't give a **** about the various reasons(money) why the fights didn't happen. You either did or didn't.

Comment

• I'm pretty big on Mikey but this is disappointing and has become a trend; has this guy ever been in a 50-50 fight?

There were talks of Cotto, Easter, Linares, and even Omar Fig and no competitive fights can ever be made for Garcia. Even back to talks of Gamboa and Pacquiao, it's like Garcia refuses to fight anybody who poses a threat or he's horrible to negotiate with. i wouldn't expect a Lomachenko or Crawford fight anytime soon, this guy will probably retire before facing anybody decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          am i the only one who likes this fight? people were saying who lipinets was gonna beat up broner up, now they say this sucks? i like it
          Lipinets-Garcia is definitely a better fight than Lipinets-Broner, but fans will be fans. It's a lateral move to what Mikey likely could've had at 135lbs, but it opens up some interesting opportunities in the future (gets the IBF belt, gets the WBA belt, hope that Imam beats Ramirez and Hooker beats Flanagan, as Arum/Warren aren't going to go out and make fights).

Mikey gets the belts, and basically rules at 140lbs for however long he wants to fight (if the consolidation happens and goes the way I think, Mikey is unlikely to jump out of himself to chase Erroll Spence Jr, tbh); Catterall, Yigit, Prograis, and others coming along can fill a good Showtime Championship Boxing schedule until when/if the starpower crosses over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
            Crawford dared to be great by fighting a guy(Gamboa) in his first title defense for less money than was offered to Garcia. He went on from there to beat all the top guys at lightweight, Junior Welter(D.Garcia avoided Postol), and now plans to do the same at Welterweight. What the **** has Mikey Garcia ever done in his career? All Garcia is known for is wasting two years of his prime ducking Gamboa, pretending to still fight at 135 to avoid a fight with Crawford, and cherry picking a washed up Adrien Broner that no one out of pity would ever consider matching up against Crawford.
            Gambia was inactive and had to jump up to a weight class that Crawford was bursting at the seems that's daring to be great now, . Pistol has 1 decent win over Lucas who has shown to always come up short in title fights. Crawford moved up to 140 when it became absolutely barren of talent and was the worst division in boxing. Yeah that's daring to be great. Lipinets would probably beat the Dog sh.it out of Postol who's fought 2 fights in 2 years and 5 in 4 years

I'm a Crawford fan but we don't know where he stands until he fights the best at 147 which given Top Ranks history probably won't happen

Mikey/ Lipinets is a better fight then Crawford / Indongo/Diaz/Molina/Lundy /Dulhorme /Postol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
              He fought the best in his division at 135 and 140. When has Garcia ever done that in any weight division he has ever fought at. I don't give a **** about the various reasons(money) why the fights didn't happen. You either did or didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman2000 View Post
                Mikey Garcia is a hater and calls everyone out but won't fight top fighters,Mikey has zero fan base because fans know Mikey is a cherry picker
                Thats what it looks like. Very disappointed not only that Mickey Mouse Garcia ducked Jorge Linares for the LINEAL title in a UNIFICATION at lightweight but also in these wretched 'fans' that cream their pants for this BS! all these haters talking bad about Jorge, saying he was ducking Mickey Mouse are silent.

I couldn't believe that nobody mentioned this duck in the first few pages, it looks like NSB is full of fanboys!

Comment

• So much for unifying lightweight. Thats all over now. Mikey will rule this soft 140lb division with an iron fist.

Comment

• Originally posted by TreJac View Post
                    Crawford leaves & all of sudden Mikey wants to move up to 140 when he's been sticking to 135 as a safe haven! I think Mikey is a good fighter but he's nothing like he talks! He make BS comments so his few followers will think he's serious about fighting the best!
                    Crawford was the king of 140, with every fighter basically having to come see him on his terms (Broner's name was big enough otherwise, and Omar Figueroa Jr being positioned as well as he was could've done different, but they'd have to see Crawford for the big fight), yet Crawford left all of that to head to 147lbs for the likely Horn fight and really nothing else.

Unless he was having real issues with the weight, the Crawford move doesn't make sense.

Mikey looked for the best opportunity and took it; from the rumors, he was weighing fights against two IBF champions, and chose to fight Lipinets as the headline act on Showtime Championship Boxing, with the next Showtime almost set against his co-feature (as long as the fight isn't a snoozer).

Hilarious to see folks act as if Lipinets is some tickover

Comment

• Easter wanted no part of Garcia?

Comment

Working...
                      X