No announcement yet.

Is AJ a Hype Job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    One of the biggest hype jobs of all time.

Credit to Eddie Hearn though, he managed to con an army of casuals into thinking that a big, stiff, useless weightlifter was an elite boxer!

AJ is a bum, he'll retire when he gets knocked out again by Ruiz.
    That is very well said man and it seems like that is what happened with AJ and his career.

Comment

Yes he is.
      Hearn desperately wanted to promote a British superstar - Joshua had the perfect crossover image. Olympic gold. Goody goody Mr Perfect nice guy image. Muscles etc. All part of the package.
      He's just not good enough for the way Hearn has hyped him up though. He's been fast tracked because of his power and him being such a physical specimen.
      I'd also question whether he truly loves the sport, deep down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        I would say yes, but getting up from that punch by Wlad makes me think he is for real. Then again, quitting against Ruiz makes me think he isn't for real.

So I am unable to answer the question in a comprehensive manner.

Ask Eddie Hearn; he would know for sure.
        I completely understand your point man. Ask Hearn? Now way, can't trust most of what that weirdo says.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          If he's overhyped, then Wilder and Fury have to be the two biggest bums in the history of boxing because they ducked him and everyone he KO'd.

And the fact that his resume is better than the resumes of the both of them combined and he did it in the half the years they both turned pro adds credence to that.

Josh will retire as the best heavyweight since Lennox Lewis when it's said and done.
          As the opposition has got better, he has looked worse.
          He didn't look good against Takem, Povetkin or Parker.
          Wilder and Fury didn't duck him or anyone he KO'd either.
          That's just bull**** spin by Hearn.
          He was desperate to keep Joshua away from those two, because he feared what eventually transpired with Ruiz.
          His golden goose cooked.

Comment

He is to a degree, he has gotten by on his physical attributes and moderate boxing skills. I think he was rushed a little bit but he can recover from one loss. The truth is Wilder and Fury are overhyped as well. Fury is the only one of the three will real professional boxing skill.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
              As the opposition has got better, he has looked worse.
              He didn't look good against Takem, Povetkin or Parker.
              Wilder and Fury didn't duck him or anyone he KO'd either.
              That's just bull**** spin by Hearn.
              He was desperate to keep Joshua away from those two, because he feared what eventually transpired with Ruiz.
              His golden goose cooked.
              Very true man. I wasn't impressed by AJ against them fighters. Hearn has been trying to save face by lying so much and spinning narratives in countless interviews of 45 minutes long.

Comment

Of course he was. Most gave Wilder no chance to win while he got destroyed by a fighter who you've been universally labelled as a bum had Wilder beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by RENE BOX YOUNG View Post
                  The belts that AJ had (that Ruiz now has) were originally Tyson Fury's, but as we all know, AJ did not fight Fury. The belts were stripped and AJ did have to fight him. He has been fighting competition that is not necessarily the toughest and and old washed up Klitchko knocked him down, got wabbled by power shots in several fights (not to mention the beating he got by Ruiz). So, considering the former, do you think AJ was too hyped?
                  The belt Wilder had was originally Vitali klitschkos so what does that have to do with apples and oranges ?

Klitschko would be Wilders best win at any point even now . Wilders best win he was saved by the bell to a guy about 7 yrs older then Wlad.

Wilder won his belt when it was vacated the difference is AJ actually had to get past Wlad to obtain his.

The thread is nonsense and mainly because Wilder lost against Fury who was about 50% .

Comment

Originally posted by RENE BOX YOUNG View Post
                    I completely understand your point man. Ask Hearn? Now way, can't trust most of what that weirdo says.
                    I was being sarcastic mentioning Hearn. Joshua is his money shot. The whole reason for bringing AJ over to the US was to begin the process of making Hearn a kingmaker in the US boxing market. That is his stated goal. Every big shot promoter has or has had a HW champ. Who does Hearn have backing up AJ if AJ sinks into obscurity? No one, I believe. So for sure Hearn is hyping AJ and for good reason. It's all about the Benjamins.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      The belt Wilder had was originally Vitali klitschkos so what does that have to do with apples and oranges ?

Klitschko would be Wilders best win at any point even now . Wilders best win he was saved by the bell to a guy about 7 yrs older then Wlad.

Wilder won his belt when it was vacated the difference is AJ actually had to get past Wlad to obtain his.

The thread is nonsense and mainly because Wilder lost against Fury who was about 50% .
                      Irrelevant to this thread. Start a "Is Wilder overhyped" thread and we'll comment in there. This thread is about AJ and nobody else.

Comment

Working...
                      X