No announcement yet.

Official: Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    No, Joshua did by holding back and extending the fight against someone who was outclassed by the second round.

Look, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You likely had a grainy, buffering stream online.

I watched a crystal clear Showtime app stream of the fight, and Breezy was OUT.ON.HIS.FEET mid second round. You then saw Joshua CLEARLY step back and let him recover.

If that's not what you saw, you're either blind or the stream was bad.

Joshua could have stopped him anytime he felt like it. Period.
    That's not how boxing works... You can't just pretend that a guy could, would, should, if he doesn't actually get it done. If you think Breezy was out on his feet and you refuse to say Anthony lacked the ability to put him away then you can credit poor ring IQ for him not finishing it. I personally don't think Dominic was THAT close to being put away at that moment and AJ knew better than to tire himself out by pounding on a durable guy.

Pretending that a guy could do something anytime he wants but extends a fight intentionally is one of those really goofy things fans say. When a pro fighter does that (esp a guy like AJ who knows when and how to end a fight) does that, it's called "caution".

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      Yes he had a good chin. But the fact that Joshua is fighting that level of opponent when he holds a strap is embarrassing. The man couldn't run 100m in 20 seconds he's so slow and his technique, as I say, is worse than most amateurs with a few fights.
      This is why fans have little respect for boxing in general and boxers as champions, as Joshua will fight these bums and I hear Parker and Price are being discussed as potential opponents.

However. David Haye is ignored because he apparently doesn't "deserve the money". This is why boxing is a joke, as its all about money!

Haye may be nearing the end of his career, but as he now promotes himself and is stuck between a rock a hard place, its being made difficult for him to get back to fighting leading HW fighters.

But no one on here, no one who has any interest in boxing, can tell me David Haye doesn't deserve to face Joshua, when we are watching Joshua face these bums, fighters that are prettified of Joshua and his power.

We have "boxers" that can't move their head, can't punch, close their eyes and swing wild punches, while their man **** shake. Its ridiculous.
      Last edited by BlackRevolver; 06-25-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• no fighter with an iq in boxing holds back. you go there and either get it done or don't

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          7rds to finish Brezeale. I'm pretty disappointed. I think he has a hard time the Fury, Wilder, Wlad, Povetkin, and Ortiz.
          Reckon you're being a bit harsh as he is still young and despite being a gold medalist, doesnt have many rounds under his belt

Obviously wasnt up against much but I thought he was reasonably proficient technically and obviously has quick hands

Just how heavy they are is subject to debate as he hasnt fought anyone of note and it's nothing more than a paper title

If he keeps developing, he'll beat all of those guys but the big question is whether he gets time before really stepping up

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
            Believe what you like - but I say he is. And I'd wager that I've definitely had more fights than you have in a boxing ring and know more about what an arm puncher is when I see one.
            Ok. Even if that were true, AJ is still not an arm puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
              whyte looks crap. should of got this cruiserweight outta there in a round.
              LacedUp. better than takam eh?
              Definitely not on that performance that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                Reckon you're being a bit harsh as he is still young and despite being a gold medalist, doesnt have many rounds under his belt

Obviously wasnt up against much but I thought he was reasonably proficient technically and obviously has quick hands

Just how heavy they are is subject to debate as he hasnt fought anyone of note and it's nothing more than a paper title

If he keeps developing, he'll beat all of those guys but the big question is whether he gets time before really stepping up
                I've actually been pretty generous, saying he'd beat Fury, Haye, and trouble Wilder. Today, I retract that and think he needs more experience before those fights. Showed too many tenancies of a green fighter that I thought he had overcome. Not fighting as efficiently as he should be in order to beat the big dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  No, Joshua did by holding back and extending the fight against someone who was outclassed by the second round.

Look, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You likely had a grainy, buffering stream online.

I watched a crystal clear Showtime app stream of the fight, and Breezy was OUT.ON.HIS.FEET mid second round. You then saw Joshua CLEARLY step back and let him recover.

If that's not what you saw, you're either blind or the stream was bad.

Joshua could have stopped him anytime he felt like it. Period.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Next in line for the americutioner: Gerald Washington

Comment

• I didn't know Ramsay was a boxing fan that's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X