Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know Why the WBSS Final Will Be In Saudi Arabia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess money talks!!

Comment

Ring girls gonna dress in garbage bags and loser gets their head chopped off? Saudi Arabia has a horrendous human rights record and is the world's biggest funder of Islamic terrorism, but as long as all that oil money keeps flowing into the pockets of western elites, you'll never hear any criticism from western governments and corporate media.

Comment

Rich Saudi developers have been putting a lot of money into becoming an international staging ground for all kinds of combat sports over the last several years. Perhaps Dubai became a flashpoint for bringing big, world sporting events back to The Mid East. There is a fairly large number of emerging Arab fighters coming up now, many out of the UK. Some big events in their backyard could really reinvigorate interest in the sport among the youth culture.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
          Ring girls gonna dress in garbage bags and loser gets their head chopped off? Saudi Arabia has a horrendous human rights record and is the world's biggest funder of Islamic terrorism, but as long as all that oil money keeps flowing into the pockets of western elites, you'll never hear any criticism from western governments and corporate media.
          It's boxing not politics you might be going over the top by saying the loser will get their head chopped off wtf. Why don't you not watch it in protest?

Comment

Yeah money. Apparently its gunna be in this stadium, 60,000+ capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
              Odd place to have it, but I guess money talks. God knows what the crowd will be like for the final, I can't imagine that many will want to travel to see it in Jeddah.
              It will be all male we know that much. No sexy ring girls. Any woman who tries to get into a sports event in that rotten country gets stoned. And not the good stoned. Literally, stoned.

Comment

Pretty sure the tournament has been bankrolled by rich arabs. That's why.

Sauerland is just the figure head and "promoter" but the financial backing has some from elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  Seems like an odd place for a boxing match, period. Anyone know why they're having it there?

I think it's probably the Saudis who are financing the tournament. That's probably also why the production of the whole tournament was so high quality.

Comment

I hope they tweak the starting time accordingly. The fights have all been 10pm UK time which is ideal (from an UK selfish point of view), it's 3 hours ahead on Saudi Arabia i think.

Are they having both finals on the same card?
                    Groves/Eubank Vs Smith would of been a great fight to take place in England to be fair.
                    Last edited by Chrismart; 02-04-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      They wanted a neutral ground, they found one lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X