No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Jacobs Did Good, But Golovkin Won - 7 Rounds To 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
    ESPN is contracted to show and promote Pbc fights/fighters.
    PBC has bought time on ESPN for fights. They are not corporate partners like HBO and ESPN.

SO I ask again, do you think HBO and ESPN being corporate partners affected how ESPN analyst scored the fight the same way you feel CBS Sports relationship with PBC affected their scoring?

Also, I believe CLiff Rold and Jake Donovan of B scene scored the fight for Jacobs.

Comment

gonna put it bluntly here, if you scored it for jacobs you are either one of the racist black supremacists or you dont know how to score a fight. the compubox numbers show there was a clear winner plus there was a knockdown. Jacobs was wobbled again later in the fight too. the vast majority of press and people involved in the sport had golovkin winning. lets not pretend this fight could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        gonna put it bluntly here, if you scored it for jacobs you are either one of the racist black supremacists or you dont know how to score a fight. the compubox numbers show there was a clear winner plus there was a knockdown. Jacobs was wobbled again later in the fight too. the vast majority of press and people involved in the sport had golovkin winning. lets not pretend this fight could have gone either way.
        I'm pretty sure Cliff Rold isn't a racist black supremacist and he does know how to score a fight. Same with Jake Donovan.

Sorry dude,but athere are plenty of non black, non American, boxing experts and fans that had Jacobs winning.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          PBC has bought time on ESPN for fights. They are not corporate partners like HBO and ESPN.

SO I ask again, do you think HBO and ESPN being corporate partners affected how ESPN analyst scored the fight the same way you feel CBS Sports relationship with PBC affected their scoring?

Also, I believe CLiff Rold and Jake Donovan of B scene scored the fight for Jacobs.
          no...my point is it was a very close fight with the majority of boxing press scoring it for GGG. That being said cries of Robbery/ gift R absurd!!!

Comment

no...my point is it was a very close fight with the majority of boxing press scoring it for GGG. That being said cries of Robbery/ gift R absurd!!!
            I agree that it wasn't a robbery in any way. I had Jacobs winning 114-113, as did a number of other people, but robbery is ridiculous.

I just thought it was unfair to suggest CBS scored it based on their relationship but not ESPN.

Comment

I agree that it wasn't a robbery in any way. I had Jacobs winning 114-113, as did a number of other people, but robbery is ridiculous.

I just thought it was unfair to suggest CBS scored it based on their relationship but not ESPN.
              was not trying to give that impression...put CBS sports score in there BC of posts that have referred to ESPN and other media bias against Jacobs BC of Haymon and Pbc.

Comment

was not trying to give that impression...put CBS sports score in there BC of posts that have referred to ESPN and other media bias against Jacobs BC of Haymon and Pbc.
                Ok, I got it. thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                  Arum's been around since the bare knuckle dayz... nobody would dare say that type of chit. Dude promoted David Vs. Goliath

Comment

Ok, I got it. thanks for the response.
                    kool..much respect! Nice to have a back and forth w/o name-calling and outrageous comments.

Comment

GGG clearly won. 7-5 or 8-4 is about right

Comment

Working...
                      X