Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Jacobs Did Good, But Golovkin Won - 7 Rounds To 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2 judges that scored the fight 115-112 got it right. Jacobs did great but just because he went 12 rds with GGG doesn't mean he wins.

Comment

The fight was pretty easy to score and Uncle Bob got it right

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
        Arum's been around since the bare knuckle dayz... nobody would dare say that type of chit. Dude promoted David Vs. Goliath
        Has anyone else spent time wondering if it's possible Goliath actually won that fight, but the judges robbed him, and then the "winning" side got to write the history of it, and they made it sound like it was an ass-whooping and David actually won?

Comment

Bob has spoken

Comment

For The Mental Ward and *****, if it goes 12, the slick black boxer always wins

Let's be honest, for years we heard them say Floyd wins because he lands more and it's hard to land flush on him.

Floyd had a weak jab and they always said that was enough. He was the light, smaller fighter, he had to overcome all these advantages. That is what they claimed Ward did against Kov.

Yet, when GGG is the smaller guy, power jab messes the face of his opponent up, drops him. Out lands him in both quantity and quality, it's some one not the way you score anymore

If one is honest and watches replay, Jacobs wild throws mostly landed on gloves or did not land at all. He landed a few good shots, but not as much as Brook did in five rounds.

GGG landed flush shots, hurt him a bunch of times.

You don't get the win just for standing at the final bell.

Jacobs won't be GGG mandatory next time. They don't have to give him a good deal and they don't have to bend over and let him rehydrate 25 pounds.

Comment

I scored the bout 117-110 for GGG.

The 3 judges were unanimous on 8 rounds. And I agreed with them on 7 of those.

Rounds 2 and 11 were so close in my eyes that I gave them to GGG just because he was chasing the most.

Punch for punch I go with the guy on the offensive cause in my eyes a good punch given while moving forward or holding ground is worth more than a cheap counterpunch from a man walking backwards.

Comment

Arum got it right...Danny had done well but it wasnt enough to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                  Arum's been around since the bare knuckle dayz... nobody would dare say that type of chit. Dude promoted David Vs. Goliath
                  literally

Comment

I'd say a point for Golovkin but I can understand if you argue that Jacobs won.

Comment

Originally posted by larry GGG View Post
                      The right person won this fight
                      Sit down Uncle Larry...you Gelded vaudeville act.

no ****in' way did Triple Gift win more rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X