Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Showtime Not Going Anywhere; Spending More $$$ In 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
    No, They have Daniel Jacobs vs Deveryanchenko on October 27th, I think that is a good fight.
    I think he's talking next year. GoT doesn't end until fall 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      Honestly and this is for anyone to answer, is HBO done with Boxing?

If so, after Games of Thrones...I'll be cancelling my subscription.
      Thats the million dollar question.

I'm POSITIVE they have a matching offer/first & last look kinda deal with both GGG & Canelo so its not like they couldn't stay in with both guys if they wanted to. But to me its super odd they didn't sign an extension with either guy prior to this fight which seems the standard + dropped Kovalev AND the guy who beat Kovalev who's a quality guy to have on your channel one would think + don't seem to be signing an extension with Daniel Jacobs as of yet who I believe to be on his last fight next month too.

Everything is looking like they are closing up shop, but I've heard there is a December card being put together (Jaime being one of the guys on it iirc) & there seems to be no official announcement as of yet on ending their epic run with boxing if they are gonna end it although if this year was their last year would anyone be talking about it yet? Idk necessarily.

If I was betting on HBO being done within 3-12 months I'd for sure put a wager on it this time around I know that much.

Comment

People give Espinoza crap but he's one of the biggest supporters of the sport. He could've pursued UFC or pushed Bellator but went boxing at Showtime. My Latino friend, a pretty successful lawyer in SoCal, was raving about Espinoza ten years ago. Even though he didn't know Espinoza, he wanted his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Some advice.

There are a lot of mfers not worth reading what they say for boxing info or opinions or for entertainment purposes.
          Church on a Monday. I like it.

Comment

Do the Charlo brothers have any more fight this year,
            or follow their usual script of fighting every 7-8 months or so?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              Showtime have had a terrible year. They need a new strategy, not just more investment
              Dude, do you want to be in the losers circle forever? Come over to the winning team, its okay only the losers would be mad at you....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
                Hope with this deal PBC step up their matcaking. No one wants to see victor vs Molina.
                What part of match making don't you understand? I guess you prefer to watch Triple L fight 37 more cab drivers huh....LMMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                  Do the Charlo brothers have any more fight this year,
                  or follow their usual script of fighting every 7-8 months or so?
                  They are supposed to fight in Nov. Training alone takes 6 months....

Comment

I believe that fox will get the rights to wilder Fury and showtime will get the rights to wilder Joshua. Plus Fury has a rematch clause and wilder has a mandatory in breazele so wilder has potentially 4 Ppv's split between fox and showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      They are supposed to fight in Nov. Training alone takes 6 months....
                      Lol what ?

Comment

Working...
                      X