Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers that are literally living off one impressive performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruslan (i dont count Mike fights ause Rios ruined him)

Broner, oh wait he has yet to have one impressive victory.

Comment

Leapai with Boytsov - it got him a fight with Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        ruslan provodnikov
        ruslan had a FOTY against bradley and he also steamrolled through alvarado to win the WBO belt.

Comment

Rios had a good lightweight run but the first Alvarado fight is the only thing that's giving him relevance at this point in time.

Is Victor Ortiz still a boxer? That Berto win is about the only thing he's done in the past five years.

Comment

Josesito Lopez creams on everyone of you guys. The guy was soundly unknown before the Victor Ortiz fight his fame was supported through much more popular fighters giving him some limelight time but has lost mostly every bout since.

Comment

Originally posted by AP***9824; View Post
              Josesito Lopez creams on everyone of you guys. The guy was soundly unknown before the Victor Ortiz fight his fame was supported through much more popular fighters giving him some limelight time but has lost mostly every bout since.
              I agree but Victor Ortiz is in the exact same category. The difference is that Ortiz's one hit wonder win against Berto earned him a Mayweather shot while Lopez one big night really didn't do much for him. I give the edge to Ortiz.
              Maidana has an outside shot of being on this list. Prior to the Broner win he was beat in all of his big fights, his most notable win being....wait for it...Victor Ortiz. If he doesn't go on to win any more big fights that Berto win will be his big shining moment. Personally I don't think that happens but its not totally out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by AP***9824; View Post
                Good stuff. Lopez is a world-class bum.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                  I agree but Victor Ortiz is in the exact same category. The difference is that Ortiz's one hit wonder win against Berto earned him a Mayweather shot while Lopez one big night really didn't do much for him. I give the edge to Ortiz.
                  Maidana has an outside shot of being on this list. Prior to the Broner win he was beat in all of his big fights, his most notable win being....wait for it...Victor Ortiz. If he doesn't go on to win any more big fights that Berto win will be his big shining moment. Personally I don't think that happens but its not totally out of the realm of possibility.
                  Nonsense, Maidana had good performances against Ortiz, Khan, Broner, Kotelnik, Lopez, old Morales, Soto Karass, and of coarse gave Mayweather his toughest fight since Castillo. He was beaten by some of those on the list but he still gave very good performances such as in the Kotelnik fight where many felt he was robbed and in the Khan fight in which he almost had Khan out of there if it wasn't for Cortez. You can still have good performances in losses, the world isn't black and white.
                  Last edited by _original_; 05-22-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                    Leapai with Boytsov - it got him a fight with Wlad.
                    Yup . Good one. I didn't even know who this fat slob was until Wlad knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      trout is a former world champion with couple solid Ws and lara had several very good performances and a tremendous amateur background.

provodnikov had more than one good performance too.
                      I don't care about amatures, and you're right Trout was a former champion, and had one notable performance vs Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X