Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else feel like crying at the state of NSB right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else feel like crying at the state of NSB right now?

I know this isn't a History thread as such but everyone else is too stupid to converse with properly there so I thought putting it in here would get some normal answers.

So, what do you think? Does anyone else when they look through NSB feel like crying at the idiocy and ignorance?

On another note: I've been re-watching 130 pound Mayweather fights. Corrales, Hernandez etc etc, and the guy was a freak back then. You forget how quickly people lose speed when they move up in weight. He was a lot faster back then. I had never really noticed it before to any degree but man, it's very noticeable when you are looking at it.

Beautiful to watch and didn't have the wankers persona he has now. I wished he had stayed like that and not gone for the marketing ploy.

I must admit that I just want this fight to be over and for everyone to **** off. This place is flooded with crazies and you can't have an normal conversation anymore without ten thousand idiots ruining it.

Oh well.....

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    I know this isn't a History thread as such but everyone else is too stupid to converse with properly there so I thought putting it in here would get some normal answers.

So, what do you think? Does anyone else when they look through NSB feel like crying at the idiocy and ignorance?

On another note: I've been re-watching 130 pound Mayweather fights. Corrales, Hernandez etc etc, and the guy was a freak back then. You forget how quickly people lose speed when they move up in weight. He was a lot faster back then. I had never really noticed it before to any degree but man, it's very noticeable when you are looking at it.

Beautiful to watch and didn't have the wankers persona he has now. I wished he had stayed like that and not gone for the marketing ploy.

I must admit that I just want this fight to be over and for everyone to **** off. This place is flooded with crazies and you can't have an normal conversation anymore without ten thousand idiots ruining it.

Oh well.....
    Honestly I am not super interested in the fight as most people seem to be, it has always amazed he how people can talk about the same thing for months, I don't even start discussing an upcoming fight until a week or so before it usually.

Comment

I stay pithy in NSB. Make my points in as few words as possible and leave it at that.

If a thread is utter ****, I might enter it for no other reason than to tell TS that it's ****.

And if it's both **** and blasphemous, I call in the man.

Comment

I just find it ridiculous how people eat up every little article about how so and so wants this and that and how one of them is "scared" and "ducking" the other guy.

It's like they don't want the fight to happen, because they're scared their man-crush will lose, so they'd rather talk about a "hypothetical victory" rather than the fight to occur, which would bring the sporting world's attention to boxing.

Comment

NSB has gotten even worse with all this Pacquiao-Mayweather stuff. Almost every thread is pretty much saying the same thing over and over with the same people posting the same nonsensical stuff in them. Maybe mods should create a subforum for this fight, just to clear NSB up so that we can actually talk about boxing.

Comment

The main problem (other than the lack of intelligence) is that most of them are fans of a certain guy, rather than of the sport itself.

Obviously I like certain boxers and dislike certain boxers, but there's a limit to that. I just want to see good fights, and if boxing stopped providing that then I'd stop being a fan, regardless of who was winning or losing.

Seeing dozens of people on here spending hours each day saying whatever they think will make a complete stranger look good...that kind of thing is just so damn weird. I don't understand what they get out of it and many of them could do with serious help.

Comment

The main problem is people being fans of a particular fighter, rather than of the sport itself.

I've made the mistake lately of getting in there and swapping insults with the morons, it's just a waste of time and I'm thinking of some good threads for this section that will occupy me so I won't have to go into NSB.

But Silencers is right the Floyd-Pac fight is clogging up NSB now. I appreciate that it's a meaningful fight and all but damn, there's so much crap getting posted and it's mainly from the Pacquiao fans, and Burner lol. Burner is a loyal Floyd fan and the guy makes some points but he really doesn't think sometimes before saying stuff and he has to have predicted every big fight in recent memory dead wrong

Like I'm a Floyd fan but I'd like to think I'm not seen as a crazy stan or anything. I try to keep it objective and I don't think I've ever claimed Floyd as the GOAT or anything insane like that. And I'm not obsessed with his flashy persona bull****, it's his skills I appreciate.

Comment

I avoid most of it but I wonder the average age difference between the NSB and the other sections.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Oh well.....
                  True words. It is the reason I stopped posting on this website.

Comment

there are 100 *******s for every 10 *****s.....too many *******s on this site....you don't believe me??? pacquiao was ranked higher than Muhammad Ali on an ATG list....WTF???

Comment

Working...
                    X