Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez-Kambosos: Talks Progress For Possible Title Fight Next Spring In Australia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lopez-Kambosos: Talks Progress For Possible Title Fight Next Spring In Australia

Bob Arum's master plan for Top Rank to get the (he)ck out of Vegas by 2021 could include one of his biggest stars. Talks have progressed for a potential lightweight title fight between lineal champion Teofimo Lopez Jr, and unbeaten mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr. Several matters remain in play, though BoxingScene.com has learned that the intention is for the fight to take place in the springtime-possibly April-in either Melbourne or Sydney.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Bob Arum's master plan for Top Rank to get the (he)ck out of Vegas by 2021 could include one of his biggest stars. Talks have progressed for a potential lightweight title fight between lineal champion Teofimo Lopez Jr, and unbeaten mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr. Several matters remain in play, though BoxingScene.com has learned that the intention is for the fight to take place in the springtime-possibly April-in either Melbourne or Sydney.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Lopez easily clowns this Bozo

Comment

Easy win and great payday for Lopez he’s be a fool not to take this. He just fought and beat former #1 or #2 pfp fighter in the world he’s earned this fight. Get this out the way and then rematch Loma or fight Haney, or move up to 140. Any one of those 3 options would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
        Lopez easily clowns this Bozo
        Not a fan?

Comment

Kambosos, Porter and Mikey Garcia are three of the former sparring partners of ATG Pacman. Kambosos has the counter combination ability lesser than that of HOF Juan Manuel Marquez. He is a clean fighter compare to Jeff Horn and can be easily beaten on points. But Teo Lopez needs to put Kambosos to sleep to avoid losing on the score cards Down Under.
          Last edited by Letmaku; 11-23-2020, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Nakatani was supposed to be an easy fight and turned out to be a more difficult fight than predicted. Kombosos can fight, hes got good combination punching and can fight on the inside as well. He reminds me of a modern day Katsidis, and that can only mean an exciting fight if and when they do step in the ring together.

Comment

George Kamboso is a acceptable mandatory defense, he is a legitimate world-title contender, skilled enough to compete and go the distance with Teofimo Lopez. Lopez, is currently at the peak of his young career with the upset of the year vs. Vasily Lomachenko, I expect Teo to carry the explosive momentum that has thrusted him up the P4P rankings and notoriety. As always, Teofimo should deliver a entertaining performance.

The venue in Australia is a great learning opportunity for Teo and establish himself as a 'world-champion' and road-warrior. For the Aussie's, its a treat to get to see one of their own contest for arguably the 'undisputed' lightweight crown -- at least thats how this showdown will be promoted 'Down Under'.

This significance of Lopez vs. Kamboso for Australia boxing is comparable to Azumah Nelson vs. Jeff Fenech II. in Melbourne ; the Aussies came up short that time.

Comment

Melbourne would be a good place for this fight, there has not been a big one there in years and the Greeks would love it. Good on Arum for publicly criticising the Las Vegas boxing mafia, corrupt decisions are bad enough, corrupt reviews are worse still.

Comment

I actually like the idea more than I like the fight itself. Thought Kambosos was lucky to get the win against Selby and he hasn't wowed me in the past. He's rugged but he doesnt have the power, he will need that chin to show up.

Sure Lopez struggled against Nakatani, but he's 5'11" with a chin of concrete and kept bringing it.

That being said, I think it's good for the sport to travel some.

Comment

Kambosos got a gift vs. Selby. Anyone with two eyes knows this. Lopez will make easy work of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X