Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get a few things straight, my purebred halfwits. Maidana and Castillo did not beat Mayweather, though they each gave him close tussles in their first encounter.

Chenko does not have quite as full a medicine bag of boxing knowledge as Floyd.

However, Chenko took a BIG chance, and Mayweather NEVER EVER did that. That is exactly why MW has a mediocre legacy, which will not change down the ages.

Comment

When Shoulder Roll is too stupid to win an argument (which is almost always) the halfwit resorts to the tropes of racism, claiming those who verbally stomp him are racists. Go squall about racism somewhere else, you puke-breath clam.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        When Shoulder Roll is too stupid to win an argument (which is almost always) the halfwit resorts to the tropes of racism, claiming those who verbally stomp him are racists. Go squall about racism somewhere else, you puke-breath clam.
        You have repeatedly called Teofimo a Mexican...and a bean rassler...and referred to him as "Pepe Gonzalez" that Lomachenko should deport.

Own what you are, racist churl.

And certainly no one should take what you have to say about Floyd seriously. You will obviously lack objectivity when it comes to people of color.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
          Why does just about every thread have to degenerate into childish mud-slinging?

Wouldn't it be much more interesting to discuss boxing in a serious manner? It's a HISTORY forum - so the posters who find their way here, must have an above-average interest in the sport. At least I would have thought so!
          I am all for having more serious boxing discussions here, like in the old days. This section used to be a haven from the Non Stop Boxing main forum.

Moderation needs to tighten up in my opinion.

Comment

So.. To answer the main question.. I would say it will depend on his attitude going forward. As time goes on I suppose you have to do more to be considered great. He will have to show that sort of "line them up, I'll beat anyone" attitude of the past to be great. So he will have to break the precedent and mode of thinking of the Floyd era.

So take risks in other words.

Comment

Another phrase thief. Churl is a word you learned from me, churl wipe. Stop your whimpern.
              Last edited by The Old LefHook; 11-13-2020, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Since Lopez beat the overrated Lomachenko some will say he is among the greats already. Despite a paucity of pro fights.

But isn't it more intelligent to wait until a career is over, before considering a fighter's historical standing?
                - -1st paragraph-

U the 1st I heared say that.

2nd- Yup, U be more intelligent not to mention it, yet U did.

Shrugs...

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                  Why does just about every thread have to degenerate into childish mud-slinging?

Wouldn't it be much more interesting to discuss boxing in a serious manner? It's a HISTORY forum - so the posters who find their way here, must have an above-average interest in the sport. At least I would have thought so!
                  There’s a couple of known trolls who happens to ruin most threads these days. Furthermore there’s thin skinned crybabies playing the race card every time they perceive an infraction. Those are the major issues these days.

I wish I had section ban capabilities, and this would be over in a heartbeat. As it is for now, I can only recommend people to not feed the trolls and/or put them on the ignore list in order to maximize the reading pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I am all for having more serious boxing discussions here, like in the old days. This section used to be a haven from the Non Stop Boxing main forum.

Moderation needs to tighten up in my opinion.
                    If you have further issues with the moderation here, you can write to me or another mod/admin or in the comments and suggestions section. Stop complain8ng in the threads thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X