Top 5 active Japanese fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 active Japanese fighters

Who are your top 5?

1 Yoshihiro Kamegai 2 Nihito Arakawa 3 Akihiro Kondo 4 Takashi Miura 5 Naoya Inoue

Comment

Naoya Inoue is clear cut #1

Comment

1. Ippo.......

Comment

inoue, ishida and the guy cotto beat. dont know any more.

Comment

1.Naoya Inoue
            2.Ryota Murata
            3.Daigo Higa
            4.kosei Tanaka
            5.Shinsuke Yamanaka

Comment

The best of the bunch: Naoya Inoue-- an amazing boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                1. Naoya Inoue
                2. Daigo Higa
                3. Hiroto Kyoguchi
                4. Kosei Tanaka
                5. Ken Shiro

That's the way I'd rank them... 5-th is a toss-up between Murata, Yamanaka and Shiro - but I went with guy with most upside.
                Higa and Kyoguchi will make real noise soon - well, unless their promoters hold them back which is not out of the question... Particulary Kyoguchi is probably a bit underrated even in Japan as his last fight wasn't televised - but he's excellent.
                Tanaka, Kyoguchi, Naoya and Higa are genuine stand-outs, PFP talents - brilliant technicians and fantastic athlethes. I think they present new age among little men - you rarely saw that kind of athlethicism in the past, even among great fighters...
                I'd have to agree with this list, even though Inoue probably hasn't achieved as much as the others, he seems to be the stand out talent.

Comment

I watch all the boxing I can on Showtime, ESPN, Fox and HBO but they seldom show Japanese boxers. Of the few I have seen I like Inoue the best. He looks like a great boxer on the way up. I really like him. He has lots of hand speed and power in both hands. He is a good finisher and very accurate with his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    1. Naoya Inoue
                    2. Daigo Higa
                    3. Hiroto Kyoguchi
                    4. Kosei Tanaka
                    5. Ken Shiro

That's the way I'd rank them... 5-th is a toss-up between Murata, Yamanaka and Shiro - but I went with guy with most upside.
                    Higa and Kyoguchi will make real noise soon - well, unless their promoters hold them back which is not out of the question... Particulary Kyoguchi is probably a bit underrated even in Japan as his last fight wasn't televised - but he's excellent.
                    Tanaka, Kyoguchi, Naoya and Higa are genuine stand-outs, PFP talents - brilliant technicians and fantastic athlethes. I think they present new age among little men - you rarely saw that kind of athlethicism in the past, even among great fighters...
                    I pretty much agree with that. I suppose that if you were exclusively ranking accomplishments then Yamanaka, Ioka and Taguchi would have to be in the top five, but based on talent I prefer the younger ones like Higa, Kyoguchi and Tanaka. In 2018 I'm also hoping to see breakout years for the other Inoues, Tsubasa Koura, Satoshi Shimizu and Hinata Maruta

Comment

Working...
                    X