Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when is Ward going to move up and fight Stevenson/Kovalev???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ward likes things on his terms or not at all ... he'll fight them if they come down to 168

Comment

I've said that GGG needs to stay at 160 and work on his Middleweight Legacy. Some fighters just aren't meant to move through weight divisions and are better suited to unify titles and break title defense records.

With Ward it's the opposite. He has the skill set needed to move up and be effective. He needs to let Carl Froch have the 168 division and get out of the way. It would actually make him look better if Froch was the champion at 168 while he is competing at 175.

Comment

ward is the black joe calzaghe.

hiding in one division scared to go up one division and fight threatening opponents.

him beating dawson proves he's good enough to fight at 175lbs but chooses to duck and hide in oakland and at 168lbs.

Comment

never? he wouldn't even fight bute because he had to prove himself yet he fights rodriguez but then again rodriguez was the lineal 175 pound champ so nm

Comment

Ward will pick the biggest money fights possible, understandably. With a resume of Kessler, Froch, Bika, Rodriguez, Abraham, he has fought the top dangerous guys WHEN they were dangerous, and won the Super 6 and became Ring champ. He is entitled to get a big money fight against Chavez Jr or Froch(neutral grounds). I am not yet excited about Stevenson and Kovalev although they are going at the right pace with their two recent big wins each. The only fight I would like Ward to take at 175 is the winner of Bute-Pascal because either one of those fighters would make for a really nice fight and IMO better than Ward vs Kov/Stevenson. Kovalev and Stevenson should fight each other instead and then the winner may have their ticket to Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
              ward is the black joe calzaghe.

hiding in one division scared to go up one division and fight threatening opponents.

him beating dawson proves he's good enough to fight at 175lbs but chooses to duck and hide in oakland and at 168lbs.
              At 29 years old, Andre Ward has a better resume than Calzaghe could ever dream of. Two of Calzaghe's top 3 wins are already on Ward's resume, Kessler and Bika. Also, Dawson called out Calzaghe but Calzaghe ducked him for Jones. Yes he was weight drained, but Ward did accept Dawson's challenge, and beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                never? he wouldn't even fight bute because he had to prove himself yet he fights rodriguez but then again rodriguez was the lineal 175 pound champ so nm
                All Bute had to do was beat Froch and he'd have gotten the Ward fight. Was that really so hard? Yes it was really hard considering what happened. Also Bute was offered to join the Super 6 on a couple of occasions and turned it down. Ward felt that Bute was not the proven king with a great resume, that that fighters just have to fight for a spot.He felt he was the man to beat and Bute had to beat some one of note. All he had was Bika. Rodriguez destroyed Grachev in 1, a guy who nearly beat Bute.

Comment

Good question. I am a big Ward fan but it seems to me like he wants no part of those big time power punchers at 175. He seems to want to try and milk every single ounce from a weight class he's dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Good question. I am a big Ward fan but it seems to me like he wants no part of those big time power punchers at 175. He seems to want to try and milk every single ounce from a weight class he's dominated.
                    Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Or Ward could just beat them both, along with the Bute/Pascal winner, and make his run at 175 as impressive as his run at 168 from 2009-2011 was.
                      This. Why does LHW have to clear itself out for the pleasure of Ward nabbing one win when he can clear out the division akin to his SMW run?

Notice it will be the Pro Ward posters sharing these opinions. Let's not also forget that Ward doesn't have alot of worthy challegers in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                      X