Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when is Ward going to move up and fight Stevenson/Kovalev???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ward should fight the winner of Groves-Froch II in England first.

Comment

If I had it my way:
      -Ward/Stieglitz in early 2014 (last loose end at 168)
      -Stevenson vs. Pascal/Bute and Kovalev/Fonfara in early 2014
      -Ward/Stevenson and Kovalev vs. Dawson or Braehmer in mid 2014
      -Winners fight each other in late 2014

Of course, all of this is under the assumption that Adonis and Kov leave the ring unscathed this upcoming Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        These are probably the two fights I want to see him in next. It's time for him to move up. He's beaten the best at 168 and a bunch of solid contenders there. He's got no more business at 168.

Ward and moving up in weight don`t belong in the same sentence.That`s like asking a lion to become a vegetarian,aint happening jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I thought the Dirrell brothers said they'd never fight Ward. I want to see Groves fight someone else good at 168 first.
          Anthony Dirrell was Ward`s mandatory last year and he wanted to fight Ward,but Ward didn`t want to fight him.He was gonna give up the belt so Anthony could fight for the vacant title,but Anthony got into a motorcycle accident which made him have a year layoff.

Comment

after golovkin moves up to face him...............in realty ward wants the golovkin fight.

Comment

i think it's pretty obvious that hbo is trying to build golovkin into a big draw, and match him with ward. they've even been dropping hints about it on broadcasts.

if stevenson and kovelev fight eachtother, the winner may very well belong on the p4p list. they're very good fighters. stevenson is really boxing well these days, and kovalev has a unique style and a massive punch.

either fight would be good for ward, but i'd prefer it if they fought each other first, and ward were allowed to get the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                after golovkin moves up to face him...............in realty ward wants the golovkin fight.
                \

this, and i think it's pretty obvious.

HBO is 100% behind those two. HBO has a ton of influence over boxing.

you don't need to sell a million ppv to make a f#cking ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  I think Ward should fight the winner of Groves-Froch II in England first.

ward isn't going to go to england. certainly not after the groves stoppage. if that ship hadn't sailed, it definitely sailed on saturday. you can't be sure of proper officiating in the UK.

Comment

Ward is desperate for that Chavez Jr fight. That much is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                      Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i think it's pretty obvious that hbo is trying to build golovkin into a big draw, and match him with ward. they've even been dropping hints about it on broadcasts.

if stevenson and kovelev fight eachtother, the winner may very well belong on the p4p list. they're very good fighters. stevenson is really boxing well these days, and kovalev has a unique style and a massive punch.

either fight would be good for ward, but i'd prefer it if they fought each other first, and ward were allowed to get the winner.
                      Exactly, put GG in his place then tear through LHW

Comment

Working...
                      X