Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Goes Twelve, Decisions a Game Arroyo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorecards way too wide but right man won. HBO propoganda machine on overdrive tonight. Sickening

Comment

Time for Estrada rematch. By the way hell of an effort from Arroyo. Especially after a year lay off.

But Roman Gonzalez is one of the best in the world. Time for Estrada vs Gonzalez 2

Comment

I didn't see anything close to P4P in that fight.....p4p don't get hit that much and look that sloppy

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Chocolatito is a good lil fighter. But they need to stop calling him the consensus P4P #1. He's not. And personally, I think he's relatively easy work for Rigondeaux.
          Yep. Gets hit too much for him to beat Rigo.... an excellent counter puncher.

Originally posted by cashdon View Post
          Scorecards way too wide but right man won. HBO propoganda machine on overdrive tonight. Sickening
          Nothing new for HBO. Sometimes I think the bosses there practically threaten their commentators to over-sell their stars. And yeah, scores too wide. I think it was more like 8-4 Gonzalez. Arroyo has nothing to be ashamed of. Great at slipping punches and landed many... just not as many as Gonzalez.

Comment

Estrada will in a rematch.

Comment

Roman beats Floyd's record in 5 more fights.

Beats Finito Lopez's record in 8 more.

Comment

Hurt or Sick?

I have seen most of Chocolatitos fights and this was probably one of his worst performances but I think he was either fighting hurt or sick. He didn't look right in there tonight, he looked troubled. In between rounds the doctor kept checking him out and the ref said he kept complaining about something I couldn't make out. Even after the fight he seemed out of it.

Did anyone catch what the ref said he was complaint about??

Comment

Did Chocolatito walk into the ring waving a sandinista flag?

Comment

Originally posted by crex.af View Post
                    I have seen most of Chocolatitos fights and this was probably one of his worst performances but I think he was either fighting hurt or sick. He didn't look right in there tonight, he looked troubled. In between rounds the doctor kept checking him out and the ref said he kept complaining about something I couldn't make out. Even after the fight he seemed out of it.

Did anyone catch what the ref said he was complaint about??

I second that question.

Comment

Originally posted by cashdon View Post
                      I gave Arroyo 4 rounds, 116-112. He landed effectively but was just outworked, out hustled and out pressured by a very accurate Gonzalez. Nevertheless, this was a good fight as Arroyo is close to elite level. There is way more depth of competition down at the lower weights which is what makes for much better fights, plus, apart from Rigo (who I like a lot) there seems to be more fighting and less boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X