Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder has BANNED referee Jack Reiss from his fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol let him have Laurence Cole for a fight in Texas and he will BEG Reiss to come back.

Comment

What about the ref for his fight against ortiz?

Comment

The long talk narrative, still ?

Comment

You can say whatever you like, but Jack Reiss did an excellent job refereeing that fight. He should be more upset with himself for getting outboxed for 12 rounds and hoping for a one punch KO than being upset at a referee who he believes deprived him of an easy way out.

Comment

I agree! He didnt do that when he was the referee for the Ryan Garcia fight

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              This time around the Bronze Bomber is taking no shit from the California State Athletic Commission. He felt they screwed him the last time with Jack Reiss as the assigned referee. I am pretty sure that he Luis Ortiz will agree on a neutral referee however

They did everything to help Fury. They also let him go without testing until it was 30 days before the fight.

Comment

Deontay Wilder should send flowers to the doctor who decided to check him at the start of round 8. Jack Reiss is a good referee but he had a mixed performance for Wilder-Fury. He made a great call not stopping the fight when Fury was laid on the canvas an appeared to be out - many of his colleagues would have made that mistake - but then he took way too much time between the end of the count and the moment he let the fight resume. And this wasn't the first time I had seen him do this either. Referees shouldn't even have to talk to fighters, if they can stand still and put their hands up, the fight goes on.

I can understand Wilder not wanting Reiss as the third man for his next fight and him putting him on notice about it is actually a good thing. In my opinion Reiss needs to make some adjustments before getting another assignment for a fight of this magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I believe they can try to veto or provide reasons to exclude a ref or judge.
                  This.

You can take issue with officials, but ultimately the commission gots to decide to take them outta the pool for your fight or keep them in.

And with Wilder's issue with Reiss I think its kinda bs cuz Reiss was just following NY protocol that came to be cuz of NY losing $20M-ish due to Magomed's severe injury that maybe coulda been prevented or more quickly attended to if NY had been on the ball. So idk if his issue with Reiss will necessarily be seen as a legit issue.

Comment

Jack Reiss did a terrific and fair job. The count wasn't long and he gave a quick check to ensure the fighter was okay to continue before allowing him to do so.

Wilder may find himself in need of his own Jack Reiss before too long.

Comment

Wilder is starting to believe his own press.

Note: No fighter, manager, or promoter can dictate which officials will, or will not work a fight. That decision is made by the State Commission. Sure, individuals can protest, and most times the commission will accomodate them if there is good reason, but the ONLY way that Wilder can GUARANTEE that Reiss never referees another one of his fights is if he never fights in California again...........

Comment

Working...
                      X